Vehicle taxes

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Iron

This guy took 300,000 pennies into the DMV to pay taxes on two vehicles [cl[cl[cl
http://fox2now.com/2017/01/12/man-brings-300000-pennies-to-dmv-to-inconvenience-the-state-2/
C1_DISlWgAAR_lk.jpg

I agree the taxes are too high just about everywhere, but this just puts a hardship on the people who did not make the tax law! When I lived in Kansas I had to register a car for another year..$430.00 !!!! I about fell over in the DMV..but yelling at them for it is like yelling at the toll collector on the bridge for the high tolls..they didn't make the toll!

I agree that it is making trouble for the wrong people. I do wonder, however, how much tax money the average vehicle brings in, because it is taxed every time it is resold. It seems to me that only the first sale should be taxed, on anything, really. I guess the only way you can get back at them is to keep a car until it goes out to pasture.

That's outrageous. My tags renew this month, $26.49 each on three vehicles.
Heck, my tag on the Semi is only $1500 a year, plus $550 Federal Highway use tax. I couldn't afford to live in VA!:eek:

Found another story on this, he was paying sales tax on two new vehicles, so $3000 isn't so bad, $1500 per vehicle. Thing is, we pay sales tax when we buy a vehicle from a dealer at the dealer, which was where he bought from. We pay at the courthouse only on private sales. He wasn't P.O.ed about paying the tax, he was mad because he couldn't get the direct phone number to the local DMV to ask a question about which of his 4 properties address he should use on the title. He figured he'd get back at them for not having a public phone number posted for questions!

Last edited:
I do wonder, however, how much tax money the average vehicle brings in, because it is taxed every time it is resold. It seems to me that only the first sale should be taxed, on anything, really. I guess the only way you can get back at them is to keep a car until it goes out to pasture.
Gotta start somewhere.
Here in Missouri, you pay tax on all your vehicle every year. Disguised as Personal Property Taxes.
As far as the hardship, I respectfully disagree, they're not being yelled at and they do get paid by the hour or salary. (I personally don't know which)

Yeah, talked to Trump this morning, run this idea past him....
once you reach retirement age you pay NO taxes, personal or
income. NO Licence fees, and discounted insurance for vehicles...:rolleyes:
Then maybe we can afford gas, food, and housing on the little
SS check:eek:....... He promised he'd get back to me on that............:D

I agree that it is making trouble for the wrong people. I do wonder, however, how much tax money the average vehicle brings in, because it is taxed every time it is resold. It seems to me that only the first sale should be taxed, on anything, really. I guess the only way you can get back at them is to keep a car until it goes out to pasture.

We don't have to pay sales tax on cars costing less than $2200, which is everything I drive. Now I've started licensing everything over 25 with YOM and it's 10 bucks once, no renewal.

hahahaha wish I was there to see that.. what a good fella !!!!!

were on a win over here in lil old New Zealand...

a couple years ago we were paying around $330 for jap daily driver.. anything over 40years was reduced by 50% for 1 years worth.. just because it wasn't likely to driven as much..

then our dmv.. decided they were robbing us too much so they reduced the rate down to $120 if you have a 5 star rated (safety) newer car.. yet post 40 year vehicle owners got to pay 50% of that so $60 a year .. funny thing is my 1982 Isuzu pu isn't any star rated and not 40 years + and I still pay only $120 a year ..

must be because don't have so many big roads here :D

having said that the government petrol tax robbers are swimming in buckets full of our hard earned gas money....

guess they get you in the end....

Latest posts

Back