sellout - for the family

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunnybeach

I have been a member here for a long time and never really had a rat rod to call my own. I had a pile of parts at one point but sold many of them off when we moved a few years ago.

I really wanted to get a project car but decided to trade my 7 year old truck (paid off) for a new fancy truck to haul the family around.

This means my dreams of a car project are on hold for a bit.

Love the new truck but two cars (project + driver) are out of the picture for a while longer.

~This is my confession [;)

Don't let it get you down. I have'nt worked on mine in a few years. Between kids cars and other things that take priority I cant seem to find time or money to work on my truck.

Huh. A guy making responsible adult decisions where he puts the welfare of his family above that of his own wants. Well done! [cl

We do what we have to for our family. Don't lose the dream and stay with us. Input is a valuable thing and it encourages the soul while projects are on hold.

Good decisions can be tough. I did the same thing after coming close to having some sort of ratty hot rod truck, but bills gotta get paid and responsibilities handled. There is always "one of these days," for which I am hoping, and pretty sure it will happen!

Had to revisit this thread.
Your sense of responsibility will be rewarded tenfold.
I put most of my hot rod dreams on hold to raise two great kids this is how I know :)
I had a couple of super low budget cars along the way to help.

Thanks

Thanks for the words of encouragement!

One thing I wanted to add--I am grateful to be in the position to buy a new vehicle. Not everyone has that choice.

I plan to keep visiting and offering what advice and encouragement I can.

No worries! When you have a family... that comes 1st! I wasn't able to have the cars I wanted until my kids all left home... ummn... & a lil while after that too! Now all my kids have their own families & I don't have to support them any more! Althought I'm retired... I still work part-time for car parts! [ddd[ddd[ddd

BoB

I have been a member here for a long time and never really had a rat rod to call my own. I had a pile of parts at one point but sold many of them off when we moved a few years ago.

I really wanted to get a project car but decided to trade my 7 year old truck (paid off) for a new fancy truck to haul the family around.

This means my dreams of a car project are on hold for a bit.

Love the new truck but two cars (project + driver) are out of the picture for a while longer.

~This is my confession [;)

Of course your family comes first but don't give up all hope. I don't mean to be glib and don't know your situation but the thing I like best about a ratrod is that it's putting together whatever you can beg, borrow, or trade for to make something you can drive. Big bucks not required.

Best of luck to you whatever you do or don't do.

Latest posts

Back