Vinegar

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob w

Still crazy after all these years!
I am getting the black top driveway recoated later this summer. But first I have to kill the weeds growing in the cracks. I've got three pooches and don't want to use Round Up for fear that they might lick it.

Yesterday I sprayed with white distilled vinegar. One gallon with a tablespoon of dish washing soap added. Sprayed in the morning and by afternoon the weeds were brown. That was fast! And, if the dogs lick it they will just think it's an Italian salad.

This probably doesn't work in Tejas where the weeds and grass are naturally brown anyway.:D

Im in the process of doing the same thing to my entire backyard, patio, pool, having gravel hauled in and just decided to get rid of the grass for good due to snakes and such. Gallon of vinegar and a cup of salt is making quick work of it.

AZ weeds don't care about salt. Put down about an inch of rock salt and weeds grew right up through it. Thinking about it now i probably should have soaked it in.

Yeah... the salt & vinegar concoctions don't do well here in Tejas either!

BoNB

Latest posts

Back