Hurricane Nate report

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It turned more sharply right than the projected cone, so all I got was some rain and light winds. Center passed south and east of me, so we ended up in the northern sector, not as much high wind or rain. We needed the rain, it had started getting dry around here, but Oct is usually our driest month anyway.

It turned more sharply right than the projected cone, so all I got was some rain and light winds. Center passed south and east of me, so we ended up in the northern sector, not as much high wind or rain. We needed the rain, it had started getting dry around here, but Oct is usually our driest month anyway.

Well that worked out well i would say :D

I'm sitting in south Atlanta now, ran through a few hard showers but no winds. Dodged the bullet for sure. Heard on the news that Nate was the fastest moving hurricane on record in the Gulf region, that helped keep damage minimal.

i think it did too . less time spent in the Gulf the less strength it could build. My son is on a tree trimming crew now . and he is saying there going to mobile in the morning to help out , he spent the day in Jackson Al. today getting trees off power lines .
after Mobile its whom ever still has lines down and needs help ..

I live in Fairhope about 2 miles east of Mobile Bay. All we had at our house was rain and little wind. Over on the bay where the storm surge hit there was more damage. Lot of piers and low structures damaged. We rode this afternoon and looked at the damage. I'm going back tomorrow and salvage enough lumber to build the grandkids a tree house. There are tons of treated lumber on the sides of the road.

Latest posts

Back