just some fun pix

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSCN8251_zpskqm1gejd.jpg

I remember helping my dad out changing the oil in his cars when I was kid. He let me shove the oil spout into those cans. I felt like I was such a huge help :D

I'd bet there is a large number of the younger crowd that have never seen a oil spout, much less shoved one into oil can.

Just how old are you?:eek::eek:[ddd:cool::cool:

I'd bet there is a large number of the younger crowd that have never seen a oil spout, much less shoved one into oil can.

Just how old are you?:eek::eek:[ddd:cool::cool:

heheh! I still have a few spouts of different kinds laying around....figured I'd keep to confuse some of the younger crowd occasionally. Nothin funner than finding a little cow-eyed young gal that has a look that lets ya know the lights are on but nobody is home...hand her one of those and let her see if she can change to oil.

heheh! I still have a few spouts of different kinds laying around....figured I'd keep to confuse some of the younger crowd occasionally. Nothin funner than finding a little cow-eyed young gal that has a look that lets ya know the lights are on but nobody is home...hand her one of those and let her see if she can change to oil.

You better be careful messing with them young'uns. But have fun doing it.

What about the glass quart bottles with a mason jar type lid ring and a pout [S
$.10 a bottle, my chevy six used a lot of it :D

I know i'm not the oldest around here but if you remember these your in the neighborhood :eek:

What about the glass quart bottles with a mason jar type lid ring and a pout [S
$.10 a bottle, my chevy six used a lot of it :D

I know i'm not the oldest around here but if you remember these your in the neighborhood :eek:

There was a Standard Oil Co. station that my Pop dealt with close by. He sold oil by the can but he also had the cheap stuff out front right next to the pumps. He had a small metal wire carrier that held 6 or 8 of those bottles. He'd refill those out of his bulk oil barrels....always 30 wt. non detergent!

There was a Standard Oil Co. station that my Pop dealt with close by. He sold oil by the can but he also had the cheap stuff out front right next to the pumps. He had a small metal wire carrier that held 6 or 8 of those bottles. He'd refill those out of his bulk oil barrels....always 30 wt. non detergent!

That's the ones. I think they just ran it through a paint strainer and called it good. [S
But i used a lot of it, went along with $.25 gas :D

(Now i feel really old if you remember your pop doing stuff i did :()

Ticked 0ff

l had 6 cans of these and someone visiting when l was still working on the road all the time was low on oil in there car so they grabbed 2 and used them, they were banned from the house fore ever.

still got the spout though:D

Later :cool:

Attachments

• oil cans.jpg
    oil cans.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 5
  • oil can spout.jpg
    oil can spout.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 4

Latest posts

Back