just some fun pix

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i-sN6hj6g-L.jpg

Man, that last shot brought some bad memories up. Saw a trucker get killed years ago with a load shift like that after he hit a tree. Definitely a bad scene...

A few years ago we did some concrete work at the salt mine in Grand Saline Texas. That would have been one of the better looking vehicles in the parking lot.

Sadly, this is what most of the vehicles look like here in Illinois due to the amount of salt IDot puts down even at the thought of snow and ice!:eek:

Sadly, this is what most of the vehicles look like here in Illinois due to the amount of salt IDot puts down even at the thought of snow and ice!:eek:

In Ohio, the state is now using some sort of liquid brine, which I've heard is even worse than road salt. And here is the real clincher - last year, when we had a mild winter, they put it down even when there was no need at all, simply to use it up. From what people were saying, apparently if they had too much left over at the end of the winter season, the state would decrease the quota for the following year, so that they were afraid that they would not have enough. And people wonder why the streams and rivers are in such bad shape.

In Ohio, the state is now using some sort of liquid brine, which I've heard is even worse than road salt. And here is the real clincher - last year, when we had a mild winter, they put it down even when there was no need at all, simply to use it up. From what people were saying, apparently if they had too much left over at the end of the winter season, the state would decrease the quota for the following year, so that they were afraid that they would not have enough. And people wonder why the streams and rivers are in such bad shape.

Same in Iowa. It is very corrosive and gets in EVERYWHERE. Makes vehicles unsafe. Rots brake lines, frames & suspension components, even bridges. Auto makers don't care, they get to sell more cars. I wonder if consumers would have a chance with a class action suit against the state?

Same in Iowa. It is very corrosive and gets in EVERYWHERE. Makes vehicles unsafe. Rots brake lines, frames & suspension components, even bridges. Auto makers don't care, they get to sell more cars. I wonder if consumers would have a chance with a class action suit against the state?
Its a "UUGE" conspiracy, and it is too big to fight. :D [ddd

That pickle juice is murder on brake drums too. A few years ago at work we noticed the drums were getting eaten alive on a couple semi's that mostly drove county highways.

Latest posts

Back