Don's Rods

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great to see you back Don! Really missed you around here. Was afraid we had lost you like we did Willowbilly recently.

WB3 passed away a month ago from Leukemia. He had a great attitude and kept his spirits up through the whole ordeal.

Great to see you back Don! I was also MIA for a while but am back semi-regularly. You Mustang looks great, can't wait to see how your 27 looks now and how your 29 turns out!

WB3 passed away a month ago from Leukemia. He had a great attitude and kept his spirits up through the whole ordeal.

Oh, my God, I am so sorry to hear that! I always enjoyed posting with him on here, such a nice guy. Wow ! :( Sad news for sure.

Great to see you back Don! I was also MIA for a while but am back semi-regularly. You Mustang looks great, can't wait to see how your 27 looks now and how your 29 turns out!

Welcome back...missed you here! :)

Thanks, guys, glad to see you are all around here yet, like old home week !:)

My old 27 took a pretty good hit, but the body shop did a fantastic job on it. They put their guy who normally does high end cars on it, and it took him 3 months, but I was in no hurry.

They repainted the whole car, now I just have to reinstall the body and get all the stuff hooked back up. I hated to get rearended, but the car was getting a little tired, so it was an opportunity to redo some stuff that needed done.

I have to say, his insurance company (Hartford) stepped up to the plate. They called me immediately, are you ok, do you need a rental car, where do you want to take the car. The repairs were over $6K, and they cut a check with no complaints and got it fixed. I was surprised because usually these things turn into a hassle, especially when a hot rod or custom is involved, not a regular car.

Attachments

• 27 back from body shop.jpg
    27 back from body shop.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 27 back from body shop 2.jpg
    27 back from body shop 2.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 19
I hated to get rearended, but the car was getting a little tired, so it was an opportunity to redo some stuff that needed done.

Glad to see you're alive & kickin'!!! Always scary gettin' rearended & constantly on my mind considering who builds my cars... haha! I swapped motors in my Nova & like you said... perfect time to check on everything & clean up stuff I'd been neglecting!

Body looks sweet!

Good hearin' from ya!!!

BoB

My old 27 took a pretty good hit, but the body shop did a fantastic job on it. They put their guy who normally does high end cars on it, and it took him 3 months, but I was in no hurry.

They repainted the whole car, now I just have to reinstall the body and get all the stuff hooked back up. I hated to get rearended, but the car was getting a little tired, so it was an opportunity to redo some stuff that needed done.

I have to say, his insurance company (Hartford) stepped up to the plate. They called me immediately, are you ok, do you need a rental car, where do you want to take the car. The repairs were over $6K, and they cut a check with no complaints and got it fixed. I was surprised because usually these things turn into a hassle, especially when a hot rod or custom is involved, not a regular car.

Looks great! I'm glad it turned out to be a positive experience, dealing with insurance companies and collisions is more often negative than not!

Welcome back, u have been gone for a year.. and most of us our still no where near your post counter..

Hey Don! Ya know I don't think anyone woulda been offended if you posted a build thread on the Mustang project here.

The cat came back! ;) [cl

You've been missed and I'm happy to know you're alive and well. I'm also happy to know your collision didn't hurt or kill you, financially or physically. :eek:

The cat came back! ;) [cl

You've been missed and I'm happy to know you're alive and well. I'm also happy to know your collision didn't hurt or kill you, financially or physically. :eek:

^^^^^X's 2^^^^^^^.
I was just thinking about you and your posts the other day.
Good to know that all is well.
Torchie

It's really nice to see so many of you are still hanging out here. Bob always did run the best forum on the internet, and , from looking at some of the changes that have been made, it is even better than ever. I like the expanded sections that include more different kinds of cars into the fold.

I really was sorry to hear about WB passing. We never know from day to day what will happen to us. Same with Gastrick, such a strong, healthy guy one minute, and going through what he is going through the next.

Latest posts

Back