gas not getting to carb??help!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That the engine stalled immediately when you covered the carb is good - no vacuum leaks. Has the carburetor been rebuilt? If it has not for years, the gaskets may have dried up and now aren't sealing well. It really should be rebuilt. According to my 1965 Motors manual, it could have a Carter AFB or a Rochester 4GC.

i would say no but im not sure..how much does it run to have one built these days?i have an account with OPGI and could just order a new one..if i go the new route what should i get and is it just a direct bolt on as in just hooking things up,no adjusting and tuning i mean...or any parts im gonna have to buy extra or modify,like linkage and stuff...

There is a number of ways to go....

Not sure if you're regular auto parts...i.e. autozone, oreilly's or such have anything for that.... there is a carb rebuilder that sells on-line www.carburetorsandmore.com that has about anything you want... carter afb, rochester's holleys most everything....AFB's are 240 + core charge that you get back when you return it.... i've never used them but folks say they do a good job.....

or you could try it yourself, but if you don't have much experience I would leave it to the one's in the know......OPG is a thought....i'm sure you'll pay a hefty fee for those.....JMHO....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back