broke u joint..need help finding replacement

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah thats the speedo gear that has the outside threads right..i havent seen how it goes in car but i assume the long yoke shaft attaches to the drive shaft going back to the rear end and the speedo gear part attaches at trans..am i right or am i confused..

no its held in place by retaining clips..no caps and bolts,also the speeedo gear has no shaft at all like those are showing..

im a member there..i posted about it with not much luck..i was gonna post pic up but have to post it thru a pic hosting site so i didnt..

Boy, Scott. I don't know what you have there. It looks like Chevy used several different types of u joints in the 48-54 pickups, from what I was able to see on line. None of those look like yours.

I think you should start calling some of the Obsolete Chevy type places and run it by them. It seems those yokes are hard to come by from what some of the forums were saying when I looked a little tonight, and also big $$$$$$$ when you find them.

Good luck, let us know how you make out.

Don

yeah it seems to be a mystery..im going thru same thing with a 56 buick i just picked up..trying to find mater cylinder or rebuild kit for it is impossible..it was a one year design so when i do find it its gonna be big money..from what im hearing 3-4 for a master cylinder..

Latest posts

Back