Graduation Camaro

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blurooster

I graduated in 1967 and finally can afford a Camaro. Traded into this solid 327 air car. 4 wheel power discs, vintage air, drop spindles and tubular control arms. Body work in progress now, I can,t wait.....

Attachments

• IMG_1867.jpg
    IMG_1867.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 167
  • IMAG0403.jpg
    IMAG0403.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_1809.jpg
    IMG_1809.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 188
it is a 355/350, 12" front disc on 2" drop spindles and tubular control arms, 11" rear disc w/ 2.73 rear w/ 2" blocks and traction bars(not slappers) Vintage air, lokar shifter,new black stock upholstery and it will be cortez silver with no stripes. it is at body shop now

I traded a 26 Ford Roadster for it, I was ready for a change and I didn't build it so my wife wouldn't drive it. she is funny that way.

Attachments

• 26 Ford 2009.jpg
    26 Ford 2009.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 96
Hey blurooster

I had two of those cars back in 1980 and 1981. They both were canary yellow with numbers on the doors and roof too. Lots of cage inside and set up to turn left. Gosh I loved those cars. I still dream about them. I ran them at the local dirt oval track. Mine both were 250 cu. in. 6 cylinders with 3 speeds behind them. I can still feel how it felt the first time I ran that thing into the turn with dirt flyin all around...they are wonderful cars and they handle awesome too. Thanks for sharing.

So the wife will drive this car???

MikeC

Nice!

I had a 67 camaro back when I was a teenager.It had a 283 which my brother and I swaped out for a 427.Was a real nice car.
Before I sold it we put the 283 back.
Hope that car is still around somewhere.
It was fastest car I ever owned.It was scary fast.:eek:
Sure would like to have another one.

My Dad had a '68 convertible- 327/Powerglide, strato interior, wood wheel, deluxe gauges. Only new car he's ever owned. Was 'sposed to be my first car when I turned 16... Sadly, watched it towed away for parts when I was 17... :( Damn, I hate living in the rust belt...:(

I'll always have a soft spot for the first gens. Cool machine you've got. We need more pics when you get it back from the shiny shop.:cool:

Regards,
Shea:)

This one has Vintage Air so yes the wife will drive it. I have a fresh 383 roller motor and a 468 BBC that are hanging around in case I feel the need for speed.

Congrats on a sweet project..keep us updated

The last 67 I had I built a 12.5:1 compression .100 over 454 to put in it..had a 4500 stall convertor and 5.13 gears in the 9" rear..damn that car was a lot of fun..

camaros rule!

Nice project Camaro. I'm currently stalled out on a '69 Camaro clone to mine back in the day. Need to hang front, paint and re-assemble but side-tracked for '36 Chev lo cab rat right now.:rolleyes:

rooster,
nice car, here is some motavation for you. Been doing a ground up on this one for 6 years.....ruggs
DSC01600_zps8a09d8df.jpg
[/IMG]

been at the body shop for three months. Getting a deal so no worries. This is the second blocking and it is looking slick. pull the doors and jam it and then some color. all the upholstery is at the house. Ready to get started on land speed car!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 01-2013 3.jpg
    01-2013 3.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 01-2013 4.jpg
    01-2013 4.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 47
Looks like it is coming along well. You might want to put a bunch of blue tape and plastic bags over all the openings in the motor, like the air cleaner. It is ingesting a lot of sanding dust as it sits right now.

Don

blocking number three, jams started. Goodmark parts were rougher than stock

Attachments

• 02-2013 1.jpg
    02-2013 1.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 02-2013 2.jpg
    02-2013 2.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 33
still blocking and detailing, wiring and doing brake lines on the painters 55 BelAir post. I have a GTO coming from TX in March to wire,,,,,gotta get things done!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back