65 Biscayne

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PoorMan65

Just bought my first classic, a 65 chevy biscayne. This will be my first restoration attempt and I was posting for some help and advice throughout the process. I paid $800 for it and the guy delivered it! I don't know if it was a good deal or not but I love the look of the car. Let me know your thoughts! I have more pics I will be posting of it from all angles and throughout the process.

Attachments

• 2014-08-11 21.53.28.jpg
    2014-08-11 21.53.28.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 65
Thanks!!! Here are some more pics....like I said she is pretty rough!!

Attachments

• 2014-08-12 11.43.53.jpg
    2014-08-12 11.43.53.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 45
It won't let me post but one pic at a time?

Attachments

• 2014-08-12 11.45.53.jpg
    2014-08-12 11.45.53.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 27
Sorry for all the individual post but my phone will only let me upload one at a time. But hopefully these give everyone an idea of what I'm dealing with lol!

Welcome to RRR! Outside looks good enough for me to cruise as is, but your gonna be doing a lot of welding on that floor. I've seen worse.... Good practie before you tackle the body rust.

If it has a title and drives, $800 is good. But if your happy with it and stoked to work on it, it was worth it anyhow.

I think you're stuck with the one pic at a time thing on a phone.

Thanks! Yeah I'm about to tackle the floors....the trunk has to be done too! Also working on getting the inline 6 motor that's in it running until I get the money to build a 350. Does anyone know what to do about getting seats for these cars because the car was gutted when I got it. I do have the back seat frames but they are really rusty too!

Forget the 350, that car deserves a 454! [cl[ddd

As for seats, unless you're looking for a stock restoration, I'd go to a Pull a Part or other junkyard and find some nice buckets out of a late full size pickup or SUV or maybe a full size 80's -90's sedan. I'd do a rear seat delete with carpeted plywood.

Yeah I've been scouring ebay and craigslist and got somethings saved for purchase! And I was thinking of a big block!! The guy that sold me the car said he had a 454 that he would sell for $1000 but he said it has 70000 miles....so don't know if that's a good deal either?!?!? Should I try for that? Oh and I really want to keep the back seat because I got two little girls and I want to be able to take the family on rides on the weekends in style!!!:)

Last edited:
before spending a ton of money on body rust fixes, check the frame right behind each rear wheel. There are holes to access the frame mounts there that allow the frame to fill with wet dirt and road salt thrown up off the rear tires. if rusted back there the rear of the frame may fall off!!!

Latest posts

Back