steering linkage help

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clcutlass

Finally back at my project...but need some advice

Since I narrowed the frame and pulled the axle ahead if I manage to get the F1 gearbox back in there the draglink will be pulling on an angle. That assuming I can extend it some how ( need help there as well ). Will pulling on an angle be a concern.
Can I mount on top of the rail somehow and have the angle adjusted on the input side.

Attachments

• IMG_2068.jpg
    IMG_2068.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_2069.jpg
    IMG_2069.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2070.jpg
    IMG_2070.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 33
Study the info below, clipped from Pete & Jake's...

Ignore the Mustang box references, the same geometry and wisdom applies, no matter the steering box.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Your four bar mount looks a little sketchy, kinda flapping in the wind from this angle...

attachment.php

Attachments

• P&J Bump Steer 1.jpg
    P&J Bump Steer 1.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 80
  • P&J Bump Steer 2.jpg
    P&J Bump Steer 2.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 81
  • P&J Bump Steer 3 four bar.jpg
    P&J Bump Steer 3 four bar.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 78
Haha....that mount is actually bolted underneath and welded. It ain't going anywhere

Thanks for 5he info on 5)3 pics

I agree with Dr C, that 4 bar mount looks sketchy. Looks like the bars are in single shear instead of double shear. Need to see pics from the back to be sure...

I'll put another pic but that is about 5 inch trimmed angle with 2x3 tubing welded on it. The purchased 4 bar plates that are designed to be welded to the tubing is capped on the end

I'll put another pic but that is about 5 inch trimmed angle with 2x3 tubing welded on it. The purchased 4 bar plates that are designed to be welded to the tubing is capped on the end. Can always beef it up....nothing is finished there yet

Latest posts

Back