Got the new seats in and went for a drive

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

animal

I was gone for a week, and had some problems with my knee, so I haven't gotten a whole lot accomplished. I did get the brackets made and the seats mounted. It doesn't show in the pictures, but the front of the seats is 5" high and the rear of the seats is on the floor. Now I can actually sit and drive without my head hitting the roof! :)

My buddy Ratso and I took off for a short drive, and the car drives really well. I took my hands off the wheel at about 65 and it tracked nice and straight. There didn't seem to be any sort of an issue with the rear suspension; no binding, moving, etc so I'm hoping it's going to work. I am going to need to install a couple of small mufflers, or wear ear protection. Man, this thing is LOUD! :D
DSCF1107.jpg

I'll chuck my vote in with skulls because he's got a good point: We Need Pictures of this rollin' beast.
Also, it is surprising how much higher the front of the seats have to be, isn't it?
Keep on keepin' on.

I like the seats a lot, I would worry about the metal parts getting heat up in summer though; but you did a very fine job!
Congrats!;)

Latest posts

Back