39 ford

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to beat a dead horse.....

..but as the first responder to this post as well as the guy that reminded them to play nice. I found myself offended by Bluenorther's remark about"I am playing nice. I didn't call him stupid."
As Don points out there are plenty of sites where that kind of Smart A** attitude is thought to be cool. I as well as Don thought that this was not one of them.
It doesn't matter if you are the smartest person about cars on this site if you can't share that knowledge in a courtious manner.
I have seen that confrontational attitude creeping into other sites as well and find myself no longer participating on them.
I would hate to see that happen here.
As the man said. "Be nice. It's not that hard".
Torchie.

His post was no different than 1,000 others that have been answered fully and respectfully on here, why his was treated differently is what bothers me. He said he has looked at sites and couldn't find one, so evidently he tried. But even if he didn't (some people aren't as good with the internet as others) what would have been the harm in just trying to give him some suggestions ?

I see some things that have changed since Trippers original blueprint for this forum were laid out..........maybe it is because we have so many new members, or maybe time has just eroded the way we all relate to each other on here, but it bothers me.

Tripper said "be nice, it isn't all that hard" , or something to that effect, and he was right. Let's not lose that niceness and respect we had for each other. That was the one thing that separated RRR from the rest of the forums out there, we were more like buddies than people we simply bs'd with via a keyboard.

Don

..but as the first responder to this post as well as the guy that reminded them to play nice. I found myself offended by Bluenorther's remark about"I am playing nice. I didn't call him stupid."
As Don points out there are plenty of sites where that kind of Smart A** attitude is thought to be cool. I as well as Don thought that this was not one of them.
It doesn't matter if you are the smartest person about cars on this site if you can't share that knowledge in a courtious manner.
I have seen that confrontational attitude creeping into other sites as well and find myself no longer participating on them.
I would hate to see that happen here.
As the man said. "Be nice. It's not that hard".
Torchie.

I like both your posts, they're intelligent and (in my opinion) correct.

There's one forum I go on for old Chevy trucks that I used to love, but it's turned into a bunch of narrow-minded old curmudgeons that attack anyone that has a different point of view. A guy posted his first post there in a thread where someone had asked for my degree in relation to comments I had made, that if that was the thinking he wouldn't be there long. I think that stands for all of us. Be friendly and polite, because you don't know what the other guy is dealing with or has done. That way we'll all get along just fine.

I don't want to leave this place, I quite like it here, but I also don't like people being accosted and called stupid when asking for info.

I believe the OP has plenty of onus in this matter. Instead of clarifying what he was after and the problems he was having, it was more important to him to make nasty remarks back at BlueNorther. More pointed in my opinion than what was aimed his way.

Not at all in the spirit of "Be Nice".

I guess there is a lot to be said for both sides of this discussion, but the ONE THING RRR always had going for it was the fact anyone could come on and ask the most basic question and the response was always "There are no dumb questions." We were always very liberal and kind to one another, and no matter if we had answered the same question a dozen times we still chipped in to try to answer it a 13th time. That is what friends do for friends.

My Son frequents some 5.0 Mustang forums now that he is building one, and he tells me he doesn't even post pictures of his work because the members there are so brutal and rude with their comments. One guy was proud of his new Kobalt toolbox and other people came on and said if he worked in their shop he would be laughed out of town. I would hate to see RRR ever start to slip toward that kind of treatment of a fellow car lover. If it did, I would not feel so good about visiting here any longer.

Let's keep the one thing that Tripper put at the forefront when he built this forum going. It put us head and shoulders above all the rest in so many respects.

Don

i tried to give a helpful answer.
and folks
dont forget that there is such a thing as an ignore button.
i use it on every website i go to.
if i cant even SEE a certain persons posts
my blood pressure cant rise.
i dont care if someone is henry ford reincarnated
if he comes across as abusive,mean spirited or just plain snotty
i ignore him and move on.[cl

The fact that there is 3 pages of discussion over this minor altercation incidates to me that we care a lot about keeping RRR civil and welcoming.

Bunch of good guys here.

The few times I've been insulted over on that huge hot rod site, I've found no response is the best response. The exception to that is a long drawn out disagreement with a Mod and that was done through PM's. (I won)

Ok, if the OP is still around, here is my advice on the radiator. There is nothing worse than an overheating old car, it takes all the fun out of driving them. Flatheads are notorious for running warm and 39 Fords do not have the best airflow anyways, so a VERY efficient radiator is a must.

They aren't cheap but if you save up to buy one of these you will have years and years of service and no worries about cooling issues. And they bolt right in.

http://www.macsautoparts.com/ford_m...rized-ford-standard-flathead-v8-usa-made.html

Don

WOW!!

I've been away a few days and had no idea I caused such a ruckus.

I guess I didn't realize a quickly typed and posted answer to a simple question would cause so many bent noses.

I apologize profusely to anyone taking offense at my answer and pledge to not go there again. I'll try to keep a rein on my "smarta**edness" in the future.

Peace, Love, and Happy Motoring.

It's all good. Sometimes things typed do not come across like they would if spoken. I've said things in the past that I meant one way and they were interpreted another way altogether.

But we are back on track. :D:D

Don

WOW!!

I've been away a few days and had no idea I caused such a ruckus.

I guess I didn't realize a quickly typed and posted answer to a simple question would cause so many bent noses.

I apologize profusely to anyone taking offense at my answer and pledge to not go there again. I'll try to keep a rein on my "smarta**edness" in the future.

Peace, Love, and Happy Motoring.

The end.[cl:D[cl
Lets get back to what this site is really all about...
Torchie.

Latest posts

Back