Vega steering box questions!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

89johnny

I need some help. I bought a vega box and planned on using it with the straight steer setup in stead of the cross steer. I mounted it below the frame and aimed the pitman arm straight up and it seems to work. But I read on speedway that it's not intended to be used this way. Please help!

That's how I mounted mine. I hope it works. I don't see a reason why it's not going to work. Maybe someone on here will know the secret to why they say that.

Here you go ybenormal..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 79
I have always used grease in manual steering boxes[S I didn't know you were supposed to use anything that could leak out,:confused:

when i restored my antique jeep i learned of stuff called pudding
heavy oil mixed with grease until it resembles pudding
all the restoration guys use it in their ross steering boxes
because i got tired of my jeep making a mess everywhere i went i also used a sealant called THE RIGHT STUFF
that to this day is the only formagasket type stuff i will use.

Ybenormal the flaming river vega box uses gear oil so I'm sure that's what he's referring to.
Good info billy I'll try it if mine ends up leaking! I'm just happy that my attempt to save money is gonna work!

Vega Box

I have a Vega on my little truck (34) and plan on mounting a saginaw on my A frame because I have one they are basically the same but the saginaw is bigger and heavier.

Latest posts

Back