Johnny Winter

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sad to hear, rip johnny. i liked his brothers music a little better, i have never really been a blues man.

1st time I saw Johnny I was a teen & he was about 20-21. We'd heard of this bad azz albino guitar player from Beaumont but no one had seen him. There was a really kool local club called Love Street Light Circus & Feel Good Machine in downtown Houston where all the kool bands played. Johnny & Edgar used to hang out in H-town a lot & one night at Love St. Johnny was a guest musician who played after the regular band finished. OMG... he blew the roof off the place.

Back in the day all the major stores were on Main St in the downtown area & Foleys was where everyone shopped. Saw Johnny & Edgar there several times & they were always with absolutely *beautifuL* women!

Always been one of my favs... RIP!!!

BoB

My favorite was The Edgar Winters Group album, "They Only Come Out At Night". Johnny was ok, but I prefer Edgars music.

tripper
i had heard of the love street light circus & feel good machine but never made it there. i think it closed before i came of age. i turned 18 in march 79 and left for the navy in may so it was 3 years before the clubbing started in houston. rockers was the spot when i came home.

Johnny and Edgar are both amazing musicians.
While Johnny was for the most part pure blues, Edgar tends to throw a little bit of everything into the pot.
Both brothers always put on fantastic live shows.
R.I.P. Johnny.
Torchie.

Latest posts

Back