earthman's actual ratrod foto thread

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got any more pictures of the satin blue pickup with the slotted mag wheels?
I would love to see front suspension pictures.
Looks like we have same axle and he has found a neat and smooth way to use old spring perches.
Cool truck[dr

rex, look close... radius arms and transverse spring...

attachment.php

Attachments

• beam transverse.jpg
    beam transverse.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 355
What is the axle out of? Is that an old Econoline?

I'm not sure what indexes the radius arm onto the axle. I like the look of it, but might have added a plate to the mounting surface with a matching bolt pattern.

Wouldn't there have been a hole in the axle where the through bolt for the leaf spring orinaly was? there should a be a pin in there.

I agree, there will be a center hole and hopefully, a corresponding pin.

Switching gears... a couple pictures recently collected...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• rat  rod route 66.jpg
    rat rod route 66.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 304
  • Rat Rod 109.jpg
    Rat Rod 109.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 307
What is the axle out of? Is that an old Econoline?

I'm not sure what indexes the radius arm onto the axle. I like the look of it, but might have added a plate to the mounting surface with a matching bolt pattern.

That's a Chevy axle, see the little triangle shaped boss on the topside of the drop section.

Attachments

• beam transverse.jpg
    beam transverse.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 37
Looks like radius rods are bolted where leaf springs went.
Is it just a heavy solid bar,etc, or standard radius rods.?[S
Would like to do mine like that if I could figure out how he went from radius rods to the mount on top.
Any ideas on how he did that?
Sure is good clean looking setup.[dr

That's a Chevy axle, see the little triangle shaped boss on the topside of the drop section.
I believe you're right ZZ. I have one out of a 60s Chevy van that I thought that one looked like...
Until I got the F100 axle for mine I considered using it on my AA. They work with chevelle brake parts and have the small Chevy bolt pattern wheels.

Latest posts

Back