HD trike

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
trunk lid take2... Hope now it will turn out the way I want it.

I like to do it right, so I do it twice... :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMGP3087.jpg
    IMGP3087.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMGP3086.jpg
    IMGP3086.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 24
Like to see the guts of that muffler. Predict the sound it produces will be unacceptable and after it is discarded it gets cut open. What was the reason a standard muffler wasn't used?

The muffler wizzard assured that this way it would meet regulations for noise level... he thinks...
My original plan was to use 2 tube mufflers on both sides of the trunk floor. I won`t argue the wizzard as I`m not... we`ll see / hear... I`ll stick to beating up sheet metal :)

Finally got the trunklid finished up today. Its not a big panel but I want it to be stable so here`s what I did for inner structure. Turned out to be super sturdy...

Now on to the gutter in the body. I can see a few challenges in the near future. Plan is to keep the water out :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMGP3419.jpg
    IMGP3419.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMGP3524.jpg
    IMGP3524.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMGP3564.jpg
    IMGP3564.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 23
  • IMGP3576.jpg
    IMGP3576.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMGP3574.jpg
    IMGP3574.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMGP3573.jpg
    IMGP3573.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMGP3572.jpg
    IMGP3572.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 27
Fabulous work Dutch. There's a couple metal shaping group web sites in the USA. Are you aware of them?

wow, time flies... blew the dust of off the trike started swinging hammers again.

I was a tad intimidated by shaping the hole for the trunk lid. The best and easiest way to do it would be to make the weatherstrip channel first, fix it onto the buck and shape the rest to fit the channel... but.... I started with a rough shape and location and size of the lid were unknown at the time.

So, what I did today was beat the edge down so the lid would fit. Next up is the actual channel which will be welded to the backside of the lip I created today... makes sense..? [S anyway, goal is nice fit and dry trunk.

Put my new Eckold hand held planisher to work today and I love it. Ergonomics are great as is controlability. Work pressure is really low at 35 -50 psi max. That`s really nice because the air compressor keeps quiet most of the time.

Been restoring a bunch of tractor sheet and midcentury design lighting ( my other illness...) in the past months but I`m glad to be back at working new sheet. I need to pick up the pass with this bike :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMGP3639.jpg
    IMGP3639.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMGP3898.jpg
    IMGP3898.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMGP3897.jpg
    IMGP3897.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 36
  • IMGP3901.jpg
    IMGP3901.jpg