here's mine

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddog

Here he comes to save the day!
My daily driver, a 46 Chevy truck 350/350 still under construction and my new project I am pulling parts together for, a 38 Fiat Topolino. I will be building it this summer. Should make a cool hotrod.

I am laying it out in 3D in cad. This is giving me an idea what gets cut where prior to the project taking up valuable floor space in the shop. The body is stock but the 3D model has a 3" chop

Attachments

• apr 28 07 camera dump 026.jpg
    apr 28 07 camera dump 026.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 81
  • Back view small.JPG
    Back view small.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 127
  • My topolino dmall  002.JPG
    My topolino dmall 002.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 95
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 46
Spare?!

Maddog,
Welcome to the forum! I love that '46 but what kinda mill u got in u're spare there in the back? ; - >

BoB

Maddog,

Glad to see you here ...
I'm diggin that spare tire you got there too. Any chance you could take some more detailed pics of it for me...Got an old rscing kart chassis that I'm going to do something like that with.

Now thats funny, a 46 Chevy truck, a 38 Topolino and you guys want to talk about the soapbox.:confused: :D

Thats a soapbox for illegal soapbox racing on the 2nd sunday every month early in the morning.

http://www.sfvisbf.com/

check out the videos or better yet, build a car and come race with us.

Built with stuff I had laying around, painted whitewalls, electrical conduit for nerf bars, a cardboard body and a $20 steering wheel from the junk yard. I havnt won yet but I can talk a mean game (all BS):D

This morning 22 cars all starting at once, pretty crazy.

Attachments

• Vanalden 002 small.JPG
    Vanalden 002 small.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 52
  • Zelza 018 small.JPG
    Zelza 018 small.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 58
That is funny. Where do you stand on the Topolino? Maybe you are spending too much time driving that little car, and not enough building that 38 for us. Sure am glad you showed up over here.

Off my back about the 38, I'm going as fast as I can. :D You know, work keeps getting in the way.:eek:

FYI- I hang the soapbox from the ceiling for the entire month, then take it down the day before the race. If I didnt I would be messing with it too much.

Thanks for the welcome. Glad to see you and many of the other guys here. I just this morning saw your skull shifters, they're very cool.

Here is the latest plan to build the Topolino and still be able to work in my little shop. I have collected the pieces from a budy that sells and maintains parking machines. I will build it with a footprint that fits my shop. It wont let me upload pictures right now, so I will post them later. That will solve some space problems and let me work on it as well.

That is funny. Where do you stand on the Topolino? Maybe you are spending too much time driving that little car, and not enough building that 38 for us. Sure am glad you showed up over here.

maddog..those are some cool rides...i have been watching those soapbox race's...you guys are crazzy!!!!!!very cool though..only if i was 20 yrs younger:rolleyes:.....good luck....................rooster

They use to have a sanctioned derby racing group here in Utah years ago.
Too many accidents shut the whole mess down. I think there is one race a year and it is on a real joke of a hill, and it is age limited to under 18.
To try and get something going like what you guys have over in CA would be an all out effort to make happen.
It could be done, cause we have hills everywhere.
I checked out the latest of the vids plus some, really great **** you guys have going there........lol...... I can't get enough of it!:eek:

Maximo

Now thats funny, a 46 Chevy truck, a 38 Topolino and you guys want to talk about the soapbox.:confused: :D

Thats a soapbox for illegal soapbox racing on the 2nd sunday every month early in the morning.

http://www.sfvisbf.com/

check out the videos or better yet, build a car and come race with us.

Built with stuff I had laying around, painted whitewalls, electrical conduit for nerf bars, a cardboard body and a $20 steering wheel from the junk yard. I havnt won yet but I can talk a mean game (all BS):D

This morning 22 cars all starting at once, pretty crazy.
Awww man, that looks like wicked fun.

Maddog - Were you at the Road Kings show? Did you see the Fiat Topolino from your Avatar? I always remembered that photo of the Fiat losing the engine.

Mad dawg,
I would live to do something like that but mine would have to have an engine of some sort. You know, just to terrorize.....I mean ride around the neighborhood. Cardboard body huh...

Head hurts no...wheels turning.

The soapbox vid of the first race of 2006 had me laughing - for about 10 min. Really funny stuff, look like a hoot. The "Sesame street" music in the background was brilliant!!!

Best luck on your build.

Ian

Latest posts

Back