Got the shakes

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

53 stickfigure

I drive the 53 at least once a week a couple miles. Today, ran great, pretty smooth, until about 45 mph. She started shaking, almost like 4x4 death wobble. I tried to go through it but the faster i went, the harder she shook. I cant find anything loose or broken. It just started today and i haven't done anything to her since the last drive. Any suggestions as to where i should start?

The front tires are pretty old and dry rotten. Seems logical it only shakes at the same speed every time.

I looked them over good, ended up degreasing everything underneath but, they are cracked pretty bad in spots. The guy i traded the car from bought them new and never drove on them. It sat for years in a yard until i got it. If im correct, the rims would be 15x5? If so, do you think a 165/8015 would be too narrow for a 5 inch rim?

That tire size should work with 5" rims. Sounds like new front tires are a good idea even if it doesn't fix the wobble.

Basic safety items (like tires) should be a primary concern before you pull out of the driveway, much less drive on public roads...

I only drive her about once or twice a week out here in the country, the middle of nowhere, just to see if there is a problem. Never too far away i couldnt walk home. I wont ever take her into town until all the bugs are worked out. I dont want to get hurt or even worse, hurt someone else.

Latest posts

Back