1929 Essex/Truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way to burst my bubble there willyD, just kidding[S I had read a little bit about what you are talking about, and other than straight up and down my street have not done any cornering with the car to test it out. I may have to look into a different method if there is a problem.
Thanks for the info.

Hey Dozer. I set my '48 with just 2 valves and had way too much body roll so I had to use 4 valves to take the roll out or it. You might be able to get away with it but it didn't work for me.

Stay after it.

Hey Dozer. I set my '48 with just 2 valves and had way too much body roll so I had to use 4 valves to take the roll out or it. You might be able to get away with it but it didn't work for me.

Stay after it.

Thanks Pops, if the inspector ever gets back to me with a Vin # I can take it out for a real test drive. Then I will know what needs to be done.

A little news on the new VIN # Inspector called me and said I have to take it for a regular vehicle safety with the exception one of them will be there to let the mechanic doing the inspection know what is not required for a 1929 car. Here's to crossed fingers.:rolleyes:

So glad we don't have to have inspections here. Best of luck to ya! [cl

Sounds like a done deal to me. Good luck.

Thanks for the support Guys,
Still got a few hurdles to jump. Inspector called me back last night at 7pm:eek: didn't think they worked that late.
I gotta have an E Brake, that is going to be tough to figure out, but good thing I left the cables on the diff.
But good news is he said I won't have to put fenders on her.[cl[cl

More problems, my warranty replacement carb showed up today so I got it bolted on and fired up, another piece of Chit.
Although not quite as bad as the last one, the right idle screw will stall the engine the left one does almost nothing, and the black rich smoke is not as bad as before, but it still falls on it's face as soon as you punch it :mad::mad:

Hopefully you get your inspection sorted out soon! That's gotta super frustrating. I'm really glad we don't have them here:D

Too bad about the carb. I've had similar issues with parts too. My carb was fine but other stuff has cause me plenty of grief so I feel your pain.

What seats are you using? I went back partway through the thread but only found one pic that sorta shows them. They look a lot like what I have in my Willys so I'm curious.

Thanks guys I'm sure I will get through this.

will D, if you go back to page 18, 19 I show how I built the seats from aluminum and plywood.

Thanks! Great looking seats. They are definitely the same as the seats I have do either the guy I bough mine from published the pattern or he used the same pattern and is selling seat based off of it. I wish I had your skill with a sewing machine to make my own covers but I most definitely do not!

Thanks! Great looking seats. They are definitely the same as the seats I have do either the guy I bough mine from published the pattern or he used the same pattern and is selling seat based off of it. I wish I had your skill with a sewing machine to make my own covers but I most definitely do not!

Thanks WillyD, Youtube is your friend when your trying to learn new skills. The patteren for the seat I found on the internet, and with rebuilding old Starcraft Aluminum boats my regular hobby I have worked with aluminum a fair bit.

Construction is pretty much done, I finished off the air ride system. Thanks a bunch for the tip willyD I went the least expensive route and split the front bags with a 1/4"valve no more roll.

Air system wired and working great, flip a switch in the cab powers up the pressure switch On at 85 psi and off at 105 works flawlessly.

The Inspector had a couple of mandatory suggestions, Park brake and neutral safety switch, park brake I over designed the first time and it was an epic fail. The KISS principal works the second time.

And we have a perfect day outside to day with the grass cut I took some pics.

Latest posts

Back