The Puzzle replacement

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Conversion

Initially i wasn't the biggest fan of tail draggers... But i gotta tell ya, i really like the way this car looks... Keep up the good work! D/b [p

AM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO WATCHING THIS BUILD...

Great looking car. Mods are perfect, IMHO! Taildraggers are from my younger days. Loved em. Everyone now has their ass up in the air. Chop is spot on for my likes, which don't count much. Perley

Got one of the vent windows done, what a pain in the azzz also been working on getting the rear bumper narrowed smoothed and into 1 piece.

Attachments

• Junk yard 2012 001.jpg
    Junk yard 2012 001.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Junk yard 2012 002.jpg
    Junk yard 2012 002.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 39
Chop is perfect for a mild custom - especially with that trim, it's gonna look killer. Drop it a few inches and it'll all come together.

I too found out vent windows will test your determination. Man they look so good when you get 'em in!!!! I applaud you sir! [cl

I did have trouble with my wing glass cracking 2 days after I installed it. The wing isn't flat enough to the upright when closed. I think the bottom needs to contact first, so that glass doesn't get stressed when latched.

Sam, you are right they have a slight tilt to them and I am so glad I left one compeletely togeather so I could get the other one back togeather:rolleyes:
Haven't started cutting the SS trim yet the master wielder that will be stiching them back togeather has been out of town and I want him here when I cut it. I think it will be classie looking if it wields right and polish's out good.
I am thinking this one is gona have to have shinny paint:rolleyes:

Looks like you got yourself a nice solid starting point there.:cool:

Don't think I'd chop it, personally, but it's your car, not mine. ;):D

Looking forward to your progress.

Regards,
Shea:)

I hereby retract my earlier statement. Your chop looks f**kin' AWESOME!:cool: Proportions are bang on the money. I was expecting some sort of ridiculous looking mail slot thing. Car turned out downright classy and stylish.:cool:

I can see where you want to go with the trim. It's going to be an interesting journey. I like the idea of trying for a "Parade Of Progress" styling exercise look.:cool:

Looking forward to more.[P

Regards,

I hereby retract my earlier statement. Your chop looks f**kin' AWESOME!:cool: Proportions are bang on the money. I was expecting some sort of ridiculous looking mail slot thing. Car turned out downright classy and stylish.:cool:

I can see where you want to go with the trim. It's going to be an interesting journey. I like the idea of trying for a "Parade Of Progress" styling exercise look.:cool:

Looking forward to more.[P

Regards,

Thank you, it is growing on me and I am sure that after the whole thing is dropped in the weeds it will all come togeather.

What color shiny?

Or a satin black?

Not sure yet but the car is so straight and solid it deservers a good color.
Not looking forward to keeping it that way and worrying about it being parked somewhere that I can't see it,and then the cost of shiny paint is just outa sight:eek: I am sure it will be flat black for a while as I just got layed off from my job and things don't look real promising around here.

Had another unforseen change come at me last night. A buddie has a beautiful 62 Impala with a very strong 350hp 350/700r4 that is very fresh and a bit healthier than stock. Anyway he has ordered a new from GM LS motor and trans and he has kinda given me the SB 350 that will be just about plug n play except now I am going to need Headers, this thing needs to breathe!
Anybody know who makes them for 49/54 Chevy V8 with stock front end and frame?:confused:

Thats awesome! What a great friend that is!

Can;t help you on the header issue, is fabbing your own out of the question?

Don't really want to but it isn't outa the question if I have to[S won't be the first time[;) Someone has to make a set I just need to do some research, I don't want fender well's for sure!

yes the are,but if you look around,there are some short ones that exit toward the rear if thats what your looking for,but the center dump block huggers gives you a lot of room,and they are fairly inexpensive,look on craigslist,been some pretty good buys in the area.hope this helps.

Picked up the new power yesterday. I ended up with the Vintage air system also. Might be a bit to much bling though:rolleyes:
Can't wait to get it in and fire it up. Like I said before it might be a bit to much for this car, I'll have to take stock in Coker tires cause it will burn up those skinny wide whites in no time:eek:

Attachments

• new motor 002.jpg
    new motor 002.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 80
  • new motor 004.jpg
    new motor 004.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 76
  • new motor 003.jpg
    new motor 003.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 74
Anybody ever try to get the window regulator out of the rear(quarter) on one of these, 49/52 coupe? They have been beating me bad[S

Latest posts

Back