New 1930 Model A Sedan

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue

Just picked this one up in trade last night.

Have always wanted one of these..
Not sure what the plans are quite yet..
I will put it on the road and get a feel for her, then see where I take her from here.

1_zpsmrbfg5cc.jpg

2_zpsxliqpamb.jpg

3_zpsicqbstae.jpg

Seat_zpstlx5acg8.jpg

Worked on the car a bit.

It had NO caster, and possibly a bit of negative caster.. I had to turn the upper links in 2 turns on each side, and the lowers out 8 turns on each side. this helped a TON. Before I had to turn in and out of corners without a hint of the car wanting to self center, which made for an exciting ride.

It also had some nice all-thread as a front panhard bar.. it was no surprise that it was bent. Fixed that.

Also got the air fuel mix on the carb a lot closer to where it should be, put a baffle in the exhaust, changed the bend in the shifter arm so it no longer is hitting my leg. Dropped the coil overs down a couple inches in the rear.

The steering after my adjustments was better, but still not right.
I jacked it up and popped off the tie rod ends, and could not turn the wheel by hand.

Apparently someone recently replaced the king pins. When doing so, you are supposed to put the brass bushings in, then ream them to the final size before putting in the king pins... Well it seems that someone just pounded in the pins without reaming them. It was hell, but I managed to get the old pins back out, then got a set of Speedway deluxe pins that have needle bearings instead of brass bushings..
Much better now!!

My wife hated the white and finger paint star on the door, so we went all black for now. We are still debating on a final color and finish for the car.

I also picked up a correct 1930 Model A grille for it but have not installed it yet.

All Black

black_zps0f6tmsms.jpg

Underside of car

Under_zpsdhnnrfbw.jpg

Latest posts

Back