1937 Packard 115 coupe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That cream color is similar to a HD servicar I built. Main color was cream with small touches of black. I always thought it looked pretty good.

Black with red guts and cream wheels... [dr
...but, even with the most discusting color this would still be a jaw dropper imho...

Paging zzrodder... zzrodder to the courtesy phone...

You must have yer Radar turned on and aimed out West :) - just got home yesterday from the land of sun and sand. Got a couple weeks worth of things to sort out, also have to work on the 'Honey-do' list...:rolleyes: Then it's time to get back to the Packard and see if I can remember how to weld and swing a hammer [S

You must have yer Radar turned on and aimed out West :) - just got home yesterday from the land of sun and sand. Got a couple weeks worth of things to sort out, also have to work on the 'Honey-do' list...:rolleyes: Then it's time to get back to the Packard and see if I can remember how to weld and swing a hammer [S

Welcome back ZZ!

Welcome back zz. We've all been waiting with baited breath. And no one likes worms in their mouth.

Thanks everyone, great to be able to get away but it's always good to be back home. Sort of a working holiday, did a full in and out reno of our new place in Arizona, next season will do more relaxing... here's before and after pics.

Attachments

• thumbnail (4).jpg
    thumbnail (4).jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 58
  • thumbnail (2).jpg
    thumbnail (2).jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 55
  • thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    79 KB · Views: 57
I actually got in about a 1/2 hour working on the Packard today for the first time since getting home. While the front sheet metal is still mocked up, it's a good opportunity to get the front mount/crossmember made. Like most cars of this era, the whole front end is mainly located by this center mount under the rad support. Also like most Mustang II type front suspensions, the rack ends up right under it though there is just enough room to get bolts into it. I'm fabbing this crossmember from 1/4" plate, so it should be plenty stout.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1138.JPG
    IMG_1138.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1139.JPG
    IMG_1139.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1140.JPG