'56 Ford Club Sedan Mild Custom

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it's in sealer. Good thing I wasn't intent on perfection. :D at least it's all one color and I can put it together so I can drive the snot out of it.

Attachments

• 20180828_144325.jpg
    20180828_144325.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 15
Well, it's in sealer. Good thing I wasn't intent on perfection. :D at least it's all one color and I can put it together so I can drive the snot out of it.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20180828_144325[1].jpg
    20180828_144325[1].jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
I had a time getting the fenders, hood, etc. lined up before shooting the primer, moved stuff around in a few different locations. Today I started assembling the front bumper, filler panel, and grille...or at least trying to. I had to pretty much cut off tabs, drill new holes, trim stuff out of the way, etc.. I have the bumper and filler panel where they belong, and the grille is pretty much there. I need to fabricate a couple mounts to replace the ones I cut off. I put the wheels on and think they'll look pretty good with the weird color sealer.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20180828_201747[1].jpg
    20180828_201747[1].jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 38
I got the headlights, taillight assemblies, 3rd brake light, etc installed and wired. I had to paint the taillight plates and headlight doors with sealer first. My son cleaned up the interior, such as it is, along with the windows and wheels, giving me time to do other stuff. I got the weatherstripping seals on the doors, made a mount for the front license plate do I wouldn't have to drill holes in my bumper or grille. Door handles and locks are installed. I got the rear package tray covered and installed, along with the speakers (not wired yet). :) I need to get the passenger seat in today, and the rear seat and door panels if I have time along with at least a dozen other small things. I'm headed to the park where they hold the show at 6 pm today for a BBQ along with a band and some of the dhow participants will be parked on the grass for a taste of what's in store tomorrow. They shut off registration the day before yesterday, having reached somewhere over 600 cars.

PD: The stickers were a gift from a really good friend...kinda sums up my (and the car's) attitude. :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20180830_195411[1].jpg
    20180830_195411[1].jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 20180830_201021[1].jpg
    20180830_201021[1].jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 56
Indeed, it came together right quickly [;):eek:
Looks really nice, enjoy your day at the show and I wouldn't mind a few of those sticker myself. I think it's fitting for most of us around here. [cl

I got the Fairlane out of the garage at 4 pm Friday, took it to pick up a friend who is a disabled veteran, went to the Early Iron Festival party in Alamosa, CO. We had a good time, but the headlights went out on the way home. I thought it was the switch, so I wired the lights straight to 12v hot. Worked fine, but when I got home, the headlights (cheap Chinese H4's) were smoking. The rubber boots around the back of both were melted. I left the house at 6 am Saturday, went to Alamosa Walmart...no sealed beams. Went to NAPA, which normally opens at 7:30...sign on the door says 8 on Saturday. I wait around, buy some premium Halogen sealed beams, change them in the parking lot, and everything works fine. I meet my buddy, head to the show. The park is nearly full, and we finally find a place to park next to each other. We had a great day. 568 cars, not county Early Iron club members' rides. Got ready to head to the banquet, and the driver's door won't roll up. Finally got it within an inch of being closed, went to banquet. After the banquet, we went on the Slow Cruise. I decided I could deal with driving the 20 miles home after the cruise with the window open, so I rolled it down. We made a few laps, and it was a lot of fun. They close the streets downtown, have a band on the street, and spectators line the streets to check out the machinery. As I drove out of town, I tried to roll up the window, just in case. It rolled up without a hitch. But then I ran out of gas. It seems I'd loosened up a fuel line in the weeds or something, and had lost my fuel. Called a buddy, got to a convenience store, filled up, went home. At anything over 60 mph, the car acted like it was running out of gas. If I let up and let it recover, it would run 55 easily. There was a puddle of gas under the car yesterday morning, so I jacked it up, re-did everything in the vicinity of the leak, put on a new fuel filter, and went for a ride. Same deal. I drove to a friends, and we tried everything we could...re-set floats, removed fuel regulator and bypassed it, seemed to be getting plenty of fuel. But when under any moderate acceleration, it runs out of fuel. I really think the fuel pump (electric inline) just doesn't have the volume. I'm going to install one with 20-30 gph, 10-14 psi, and see if that solves the problem. If not, I'm stumped. As I left his house to limp home at 55, the driver's window decided to be a pain, not even trying to roll up. I ran into a killer rain storm, of course. The parts store sold the pump I wanted last night, I don't feel like fighting with the window, so I'm taking the day off. I'll post a bunch of pictures from the show in the car show thread after breakfast. All in all, I'm glad to be this far along without any "serious" problems. :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20180901_135320[1].jpg
    20180901_135320[1].jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 20180831_171127[1].jpg
    20180831_171127[1].jpg
    60 KB · Views: 32
  • 20180901_092724[1].jpg