66 Chevy C-10 build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gotta agree - that steering wheel is awesome!!!! Never noticed before - I like the patina on the back of the cab.

Edsel power

Well after taking 10 months to almost learn how to paint my other 66 truck I am almost back on the 66 Rat build ... I have decided that the 350 Chevy motor would be to common for me and because I finally found a slip yoke for the Edsel motor I will go that route .
The history on the motor is that it came out of a running driving car about ten years ago and kept in a garage with mystery oil in cyl's and regular turnings . so I feel confidant about it worth .

As Bam said in another post that there is not much hop up stuff for it but it is a torque monster and will have people asking questions .... and that is what we all want isn't it ??

Attachments

• IMG_1103.jpg
    IMG_1103.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1104.jpg
    IMG_1104.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 48
OddRod, It warms my heart to see a torque monster Ford motor used. That looks like an MEL motor, and one thing I learned about them is they have reverse stagger heads, the right one is further ahead than the left, [not usual in Ford V-8's]. Your firewall on the driver side, may have to be modified to fit this monster in.
Good luck.

OddRod, It warms my heart to see a torque monster Ford motor used. That looks like an MEL motor, and one thing I learned about them is they have reverse stagger heads, the right one is further ahead than the left, [not usual in Ford V-8's]. Your firewall on the driver side, may have to be modified to fit this monster in.
Good luck.

Yea Merc... It's a MEL As far as the firewall goes it already has been modified to get those 20's in there and a little more tweaking won't hurt anything .

Speaking of those 20,s on the front I had to ream out a couple of thousandth's for them to slip over the disk brake hubs and I took it out of the aluminum rims . on the back , same deal, the rims centers would not fit over the center hub [? ] I have asked before if this is also considered a hub is it ??

Anyway There is a retired machinist down the road who basically charges me what he charges everyone else but he lets me do the work so I set them up in his lath with a cradle and took a little over 1/2 inch of the centers so they would fit in the rims

Attachments

• hubs 66 rat 001.jpg
    hubs 66 rat 001.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 26
  • turning rear hub rat 002.jpg
    turning rear hub rat 002.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 27
  • turning rear hub rat 003.jpg
    turning rear hub rat 003.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 28
  • turning rear hub rat 004.jpg
    turning rear hub rat 004.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 28
Sick build, makes me want to get off my keester and tinker on my 65. Man, the customs on this site are insane.

Here is where I am ... I took these as I put over in the other barn for the winter so I could finish the 1953 Humpback ...

Attachments

• 66 Rat outside 004.jpg
    66 Rat outside 004.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 59
  • 66 Rat outside 005.jpg
    66 Rat outside 005.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 66 Rat outside 008.jpg
    66 Rat outside 008.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 49

Latest posts

Back