In from the corn fields in Illinois

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellfirejim

50 miles west of Chicago in the corn fields
I am glad I found this site as I am a darksider. I live in a little farm town, cortland, about 50 miles west of Chicago and on the map the biggest town next to me [couple of miles] is DeKalb.

My ride is a 1950 F2 on a S-10 chassis w/ V8-turbo 350 conversion. This trucks is a driver first and beyond that it's only job is to make me smile. I picked it up from the PO last fall and this winter it is sitting in my buddy's body shop so I can work on it. What started as a simple wiring fix has turned into a complete re-wire from the dash forward.

Here are a couple of pictures of it when i brought it home.
Arrivedhome10-19-2010003.jpg

and
Arrivedhome10-19-2010002.jpg

I was thinking about a build thread if anyone would be interested as I have done work to it.

jim

Welcome to RRR!!!, One thing I'm gonna nit pick a little, get rid of the front wheels!! ha ha Nice Truck.
:D

I agree and in fact I am in the process of getting new tires and rims for front and back. The rear tires that look cool and are almost new [McCleary 15 x 33 x 13] are for sale with tubes. The rims are free.....:D They just don't fit in the direction I am going. I am replacing them with BFGs 275 x 60 15s. The rims are going to be old school slots.

Thanks for all the kind words. As soon as I can get my act together i will start a build thread.
jim

Welcome, looks like a great start to a fun project, Just my 2 cents is I would lower the rear some so the cab looks level. I like them low.

Well you are getting your wish, some what. The new tires for the rear are going to be about 5 inches lower than the tires on it right now. The old tires are 33inches and the new tires will be 28 which should lower it about 2.5 inches. Also the new front tires are taller so the front is going to be raised about an inch plus whatever the lower of the rear brings to the front.

I am working on starting a build thread and I am going to try and start it this afternoon after work. I work globally so I start at 4:30am but the good side is I am done about 12:30 to 1:30pm.

jim

Welcome, cool truck I have a 51 f6, thinking of going a similar direction with it, havent started work just yet though. looking forward to your build thread.

Latest posts

Back