Is everyone staying safe ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

I haven't been around for a while because, frankly, I have not had much interest in car stuff lately, but wanted to stop in and see how all of you are faring during this Coronavirus issue. I hope everyone is well and staying away from others.

I have been fine, but my family pressured me to temporarily leave my job because I worked retail and dealt with tons of customers every day. I never knew which one would be the one to infect me, and at almost 75 years of age, I was in that high risk category. If I got it, I would be gone. My ex is an RN, and she has been terrific in giving me advice through all of this. Every time I sneeze, I think "Oh, God, is this IT !!

So, now that I have all this time on my hands, I have been going to my shop every day and doing some work to finish my roadster pickup. I am down to bodywork and painting, and I HATE bodywork with a passion. But it won't finish itself, so my son Dan and I have been slowly getting the body filler on, priming it, and sanding until we have no fingerprints left. But at least it keeps me away from other people, minimizing my chances of getting this virus.

That is where I am at right now, and again, I hope all of you are heeding the advice of the experts and staying away from others and keeping safe. This will end at some point (I hope) and we can all get back to normal.

Take care, guys.

GOOD to hear from you, Don!

I don't know anybody infected. I think it's all blown out of proportion, but we're playing the game and I hope it's over sooner than later!

same here... keep customers out of the shop, wash hands , keep distance , stay home ,wash hands....
I feel blessed I don`t live in an apartment 10 floors up with 3 kids and a boss wife... :eek:

did I say wash hands...? https://youtu.be/fq81ERZdkE8 :D

Stay safe all, this virus is a real sob...

I don't know anybody infected. I think it's all blown out of proportion, but we're playing the game and I hope it's over sooner than later!

Sorry but I have to disagree Dr C. We have almost 19,000 deaths and 500,000 cases in the US. If Trump would get off of his fat ass and quit patting himself on the back for nothing maybe we could do better fighting the virus.:mad:

Nice to hear from you Don. Glad to see you are back working on the roadster. It's a beauty.
I agree Dr. C. I'm doing all the Governor asked this time. Never again am I going to be running scared. I'm almost 79 and have many, many medical issues. This is an extra bad, very contagious flu. Nothing more.

In the 2020 world wide list of causes of death it won't rank very high.

Bruno, you're a good guy. Let's keep politics out of this.

Sorry but I have to disagree Dr C. We have almost 19,000 deaths and 500,000 cases in the US. If Trump would get off of his fat ass and quit patting himself on the back for nothing maybe we could do better fighting the virus.:mad:

I have to agree with you on all counts. This virus is no hoax and nothing like we have ever seen. Not to get political, but the response by Trump is shameful.

It looks like most people are taking it seriously, the roads here are empty, I was in Costco the other day and it was like a ghost town, and a lot of my fellow employees have decided to not go to work.

But I am glad to see so many old faces here still upright ! :D I am going to the shop to do more priming today, and will post a few pictures of my progress.

I have to agree with you on all counts. This virus is no hoax and nothing like we have ever seen. Not to get political, but the response by Trump is shameful.

It looks like most people are taking it seriously, the roads here are empty, I was in Costco the other day and it was like a ghost town, and a lot of my fellow employees have decided to not go to work.

But I am glad to see so many old faces here still upright ! :D I am going to the shop to do more priming today, and will post a few pictures of my progress.

That's why there are two parties. Two people can hear/see the same thing and come away with opposite opinions. Let's not bring it to this site.

And Don, you just did get political. So, I'll make the counter point with just as many facts as you presented. The current administration is doing a fantastic job. See. Different opinion.

Let's move on.

Good to hear from you Don:D
Glad you are doing well.:cool:
I unfortunately know several people that have been infected. Including Family members.
Like you Don. I'm in the high risk category. Truthfully my life as been impacted far less then many others as I'm mostly a stay at home person since I know longer work. I know that this is a hardship for many but I always go back to my Home land security training were we were taught to "Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst." I'm not scared of it but I am respectful of it.
And I for one am not ready to check out yet because some idiot sneezed at me.:eek:
I'm doing what I feel is best for myself as well as others. Stay safe everyone.
Keeping on.....
Torchie

I write one line and it's immediately misconstrued. (Such are the perils of text.) I did not mean to belittle the situation, nor did I intend to raise any hackles, though I am growing tired of the hysteria and paranoia. (It's one thing to be careful, aware and responsible... it's an entirely different thing to be paranoid.) I'm not interested, nor will I ever be interested in opening a can of worms. I replied in my usual sarcastic way and I'll make no apologies for that.

Can we talk about cars now?

Welcome back again, Don. I look forward to your progress and hopefully, you'll post your progress for us all to enjoy...

It's so good to hear from you Don. I was thinking about you the other day wondering & hoping that you are doing well during this weird time. Stay safe and keep working on that hot rod :)

Yeah, sorry guys about the rant, but these are trying times. Oh well, back to non political car talk ! :D:D

We just got back from the shop and Dan has some pix in his phone, so I guess I will start a new build thread and put up some pictures. Nothing earthshaking, but progress none the less.

I write one line and it's immediately misconstrued. (Such are the perils of text.) I did not mean to belittle the situation, nor did I intend to raise any hackles, though I am growing tired of the hysteria and paranoia. (It's one thing to be careful, aware and responsible... it's an entirely different thing to be paranoid.) I'm not interested, nor will I ever be interested in opening a can of worms. I replied in my usual sarcastic way and I'll make no apologies for that.

Can we talk about cars now?

Welcome back again, Don. I look forward to your progress and hopefully, you'll post your progress for us all to enjoy...

It's all good Crank
You just need to learn to use the sarcastic emoji more often :rolleyes: :rolleyes: [ddd :cool:
Speaking of hysteria... I just found out that a friend of mines Mother -in-law bought 100 lbs of dry yeast:eek:.:p
He was a bit sheepish when he told me knowing I used to bake for a living. "She got a bit nervous" was how he put it.:p
Torchie

"Bought a 100lbs of yeast and some copper line......everybody knew he made moonshine!" Taken from Copperhead road.....

Good to hear from you Don! I too have been wondering about you, you show up, then you're gone :D sure you aren't Santa Claus? :D:D:D

hello don good to hear your trying to stay safe. i'm still working and trying the best we can. wife is taking care of her folks, daughter works at a health care home and grandson is working as well. don't be a stranger.

Glad to hear from you;). All of us old folks need to take extra precautions because it's hitting us the worst. Will be waiting for that build thread.

Latest posts

Back