Found a body filler I really like.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

I've been doing a lot of filling on the rpu body I am working on, and have been using Evercoat Rage. Today I needed 5 gallons more of thinner, so I went to my local paint shop. While there, I picked up a gallon of Evercoat Rage ULTRA, 00125, and it is head and shoulders above anything else I have used.

It goes on like butter and sands out super easily, and saves a lot of time and waste because of how it fills. I can not recommend it enough, and thought I would pass this one along to all of you.

Attachments

• s-l640.jpg
    s-l640.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 33
Thanks for posting the review.
I don't like body work but, always will try something new and the ease of use makes it more inviting.

Thanks for the tip, Don.

I haven't done any body work for a while :rolleyes:, nor have I bought any materials, but it's coming soon...

NOW?

Thanks for the info. Could have used it on the Sprint awhile back. I'll have to see if it's available in calif. If the governor hears it works he'll outlaw it [ddd

Don, I've been using this one & love it! Both are smooth, don't have parafin & won't load up on your sandpaper!

BoB

Attachments

• filler.jpg
    filler.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 32
Gonna need some one of these days if I ever get mine going again, want to try that Evercoat. Anything has to be better than the Bondo brand....:rolleyes:

I've used it for years, best I ever found...

^^^^^^^^^^
I have used it as well.
I have found that in General, Evercoat products work wells.
As far as price goes.... Yes it costs more then most but I believe what you spend more for up front is balanced out by how much you save in time and sand paper on the back side.:cool:
Torchie

How's the price for us tightwads?

Think I paid $32 for a gallon on Amazon!

BoB

The one I used is a little more expensive, I paid about $ 75 at our local supply place. Before I bought this one, I bought another Evercoat filler on Amazon, and it was something like $ 50, but it was harder to apply and to sand off.

The problem is, Evercoat makes so many different ones that you never know which one is the best. Looks like Tripper scored a good price on his though.

When I'm doing the much hated bodywork any product with the name "Rage" only makes me more pizzed off.

I know what you mean Tripper some things it's hard to spend lots of money on.

Roof rail repair

Hello,
I may have posted this once before, but I am having an issue with this repair.
‘46 Plymouth coupe.
I want to repair/replace the missing roof drip rail on the drivers side.
Passenger side is 100% intact.( Do not want to shave the rail)
Cannot find materials. Any ideas? Was thinking maybe I will need to hand form in sections? Looked for universal sections I could modify, but no such animal found.
Ideas welcomed. Thanks

Hello,
I may have posted this once before, but I am having an issue with this repair.
‘46 Plymouth coupe.
I want to repair/replace the missing roof drip rail on the drivers side.
Passenger side is 100% intact.( Do not want to shave the rail)
Cannot find materials. Any ideas? Was thinking maybe I will need to hand form in sections? Looked for universal sections I could modify, but no such animal found.
Ideas welcomed. Thanks

Starting a new thread about your repair with photos is a good idea. There are a lot of clever ideas and methods than people here come up with, I'm sure someone will get you pointed on the right track.

OldBoy, I'll be watching your answers because I also have a '46 Plymouth coupe [rebadged as a Dodge, for Canada] with a wrecked drip-rail.
I have only done a wee bit of drip-rail straightening, just manual straightening and some heat shrinking, so I can't help you much.

Latest posts

Back