See this?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
40 ford roadster? Hmm some title play work involved maybe?

Hope the guy is ok..

Guy I knew had a roadster that had some braking issue & veered to the right one day... hit a fireplug & got thrown out & nearly face-planted a telephone pole. Then tried to sell the remains to me! Ummmmm... NO THANKS!!! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

Driving anything in big city traffic can be pretty scary.

In a little roadster nonetheless... I wouldn't dream of it and I'm thinking of buying a school bus. :D

So what part of that looked like a 40 anything to any of you guys?

Dunno... looks like a deuce shell, can't make much more than that...

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture roadster.jpg
    Capture roadster.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 79
Over on the pork, the experts have determined it's a glass 32, the front axle probably broke, causing the wreck, the cop is a dunce, and anybody that don't agree is a moron. :D

All fun aside, it's a nasty wreck, the driver was thrown out which may or may not have saved his life, and he is in ICU at a hospital. Hopefully he will recover and his car was insured.

I've been reading through what's on the pork about this. I didn't realize all those guys are also crash reconstruction experts. How handy to have so many experts there.

I always put seatbelts in everything, but I'm not sure I would want to be strapped into a roadster when it wants to be upside down.

Last edited:
I don't have belts in mine, nor do my two Sons, and they are the most precious things in my life. Simply put, I do not want to be strapped into a roadster and be the tallest thing if it flips over or if it catches fire .

If the man in that horrible wreck survives, it will probably be because he was thrown clear. When I was about 9 our Buick convertible was broadsided by a tractor trailer and spun around 360 degrees. Me, my Mom, and my Dad were all thrown out and I remember sliding down the road and all I have to show for it is a little scar on the top of my head. We were all fine.

The pictures below demonstrate why I don't have or want belts. I hope the man in the roadster is ok, it was a horrible wreck.

Don

I always put seatbelts in everything, but I'm not sure I would want to be strapped into a roadster when it wants to be upside down.

I don't have belts in mine, nor do my two Sons, and they are the most precious things in my life. Simply put, I do not want to be strapped into a roadster and be the tallest thing if it flips over or if it catches fire .
In my opinion; Driving a roadster (or any vintage machinery) is akin to riding a motorcycle... put yourself in traffic and you're taking your chances. Like racing of any sort, you realize the risk and take it with the understanding... you might not come out the other side.

I agree with Don in regards to the belts. I don't have them in my rpu and I sure dont want strapped in it in a roll over.

I did put them in the dodge just in case a cop wants to play games. Never wear it though. I think if I went through a crash in that I will have a hard enough time to get out let alone dealing with that. Nor do I think my big behind would make it though the windshield anyhow.

I did put them in the dodge just in case a cop wants to play games. Never wear it though. I think if I went through a crash in that I will have a hard enough time to get out let alone dealing with that. Nor do I think my big behind would make it though the windshield anyhow.

Not sure how your laws work there. Up here if your vehicle didn't originally come with seatbelts you don't need them, but if you install them you're required to wear them and you could get a ticket for not doing so.

Latest posts

Back