Dream Shop

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang, 8 truck loads! I'm going straight to gravel on mine, about 2-3" fill is all I need. Of course I'm matching the existing carport floor minus the 4" for a new slab, but that will still be high enough to drain away from it. Enough highjacking by me, you gonna get yours up before rainy season?

Most of the fill is in. Lots of fill ... way more than I expected. Almost 160 yards so far! And it will take a bunch more to tie in to the driveway. Should be starting on rebar tomorrow.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Also, I ordered the roof trusses today. Was told they would take four to five weeks now ... would have been one or two in the spring. :(

Attachments

• IMG_1048.jpg
    IMG_1048.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1049.jpg
    IMG_1049.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 52
Most of the fill is in. Lots of fill ... way more than I expected. Almost 160 yards so far! And it will take a bunch more to tie in to the driveway. Should be starting on rebar tomorrow.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Also, I ordered the roof trusses today. Was told they would take four to five weeks now ... would have been one or two in the spring. :(

They're 4 months out on trusses here...

sc5, one of my friends told me to take my hatchet and pound down the stakes around the sump another two inches, when I was building my shop. I did this and am eternally grateful. The sump in my big shop still takes water.
I did not lower the stakes below where the floor builder put them, on my car garage, and within a few years the centre of the cement floor rose up three inches and now I have to squeegee all of the muddy water and sludge up to the sump hole. I will pass on my friends advice and say pound your sump area stakes down a little more before they pour the cement.

Rebar is in and inspected by the local powers that be. Concrete has been ordered and will be pouring in 2 days ... as long as the weather forecast is close to correct. :) Just have to blow off all the leaves and we're ready.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1051.jpg
    IMG_1051.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 62
Working on my dream shop right now. Can't wait to have a roof.
Trusses are four weeks out.
Looks great.

Attachments

• 20180916_091941.jpg
    20180916_091941.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 39
Working on my dream shop right now. Can't wait to have a roof.
Trusses are four weeks out.
Looks great.

Yours looks like its coming along nicely. [cl I'll be starting on the walls early in October. My trusses are due to arrive on the 16th or 17th. It will be all closed in before the end of October.

As promised, they poured the concrete today. An optical illusion but somehow it looks bigger than it did. :) It will likely shrink again once the walls go up but won't be starting on that until I get back from the Fallout Drags at the end of this month. That should give the concrete plenty of time to cure. Contractor is coming back tomorrow to put the sealer on it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1054.jpg
    IMG_1054.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1055.jpg
    IMG_1055.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 78
It's always a relief when the slab finally gets poured [cl :cool:
It gives ya the feeling, Ah, it's really happening :)
[P[P[P

Latest posts

Back