Score

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
Local online auction, scored 71 and 72 Mercs both for $247. Both 429s and the 72 is 4V, not sure on the 71. Complete unmolested cars, hopefully the engines run, pretty sure the 72 will. Neither was stuck when we looked a couple weeks ago. Also let a 46-47 Ford tudor go for $86. No engine or front axle but a decent straight body with a perfect grille.

Local online auction, scored 71 and 72 Mercs both for $247. Both 429s and the 72 is 4V, not sure on the 71. Complete unmolested cars, hopefully the engines run, pretty sure the 72 will. Neither was stuck when we looked a couple weeks ago. Also let a 46-47 Ford tudor go for $86. No engine or front axle but a decent straight body with a perfect grille.

That is just wrong!!! Why can't I ever score like that?!? :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

I slipped a 69 429-4V/C6 in my 66 F-250, and it really changed the game. The next engine was a 73 400M. What a letdown...

Got them home yesterday. The one is a 73, not 72. Cleaned the points and both popped off on carb cleaner (note, Berryman's B12 aerosol works great, you can run an engine on it. Most others don't burn)
I think one might land in the smurf truck and my nephew is thinking he wants one for his high boy.

Well, as I understand it, the 71 is still 10.5 to 1 compression. The 73 is closer to 9:1 so probably the best engine to run as is. I have access to an early efi 460 with a ZF 5 speed but you need to change the heads to carb it. On that engine the D0VE's would be low 9s for compression, livable. Slide those D0VE heads on the 460/ZF and put it in the 59 F250.

Latest posts

Back