Endless BS thread

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That cancer is some nasty ****. It really takes a toll. Not just on the person that has it, but everyone involved with that person.

My father had lymphoma twice. Never smoke a day in his life. But he was a career welder and car painter since the late 60s.

Im really sorry to hear about your wife. Your right when you say bad things happen to good people. It doesnt make sense.

The wife's on her third bout with cancer. 1st was throat cancer, chemo & radiation finally took care of that after a 7yr fight. Last July she was diagnosed with lung cancer. Had half the left lung removed just before Christmas. Things were looking good till a month ago when a mass was found in her left kidney. Had kidney removed this past friday. The mass was also canceous & the doc says the PET scan shows nothing now. Just praying that this is it.

Wishing you and your wife all the best. I know first hand what you are dealing with. I had to watch my mom go through a very tragic bout with lung cancer that quickly turned to bone cancer. That was twenty years ago. With todays advances in technology chances are higher than ever for survival. I know you know that. Keep the faith my friend and as hard as it might be sometimes you know to be strong for your wife. Your strength will always be a light of hope for her and that too will help her fight this. Attitude is a big part of fighting it off.

T1

I'm having to look really hard at possibly selling my project 51 F1 guys. With my situation being what it is with a divorce pending and being out of work I might not have a choice. Divorces are so expensive as many of you know. Damn cut throat A-hole Attorney's want their money up front. We looked at trying to do an uncontested split but since we have two minor children - state law requires a little more than that. We have to at least bring in a mediator to decide the equal seperation of assets and to file a child custody arrangement etc... SO, the old 51 that I've worked so hard to scrounge together might have to be sacrificed. I've thought about just asking for what I have in it so far. $1,300.00 in the cab, bed, and frame. I'd probably take a little less but I can't afford to give it away either. It's killing me to think about doing this but I have to be realiastic too. It's just like my wife to force me to give up something I care so much about! It's not set in concrete yet so maybe I might find a way around it??? Let's hope!!!

T1

Thanks FlatBroke! Your right, I'll come through it. As a matter of fact it looks as if things might be looking up for me yet. My son put his foot down today on selling the 51 F1 project. He reminded me that it's not exactly just mine to sell and he has a point. It's as much his truck as it is mine and I have to respect that. It means so much to him and it's not for sale at any price at least for now. I've been in touch with a good friend of mine up near Medford, Oregon who has a ranch and he's also a hot rod fanatic like me. He needs some help on the farm and has offered up a place for me to stay, work, and play, for at least three months. So I've accepted his offer and I'm leaving a week from today on July 9th. It's gonna be tough being away from my kids for that long but the important thing is I'll be doing something good for them in helping to support them and it'll do me a world of good to just get away and do some soul searching. My buddy has years of car building experience too and just getting to hang out with him and work on his projects will be a great experience for me too. I'm feeling better about things already. Now I just have to get a lot of loose ends tied up before I can go. I'll still be on the site once I'm up there. I'll let you guys know when I get there.

Thunder

No not really. That would be fantastic if I could though. Oregon is just a bit out of reach as far as taking it with me. It'll just have to sit a while longer until I get back with some cash to finish it.

T1

Why, why, why!?!?

Why do weeds grow like there's no tomorrow but stuff you plant has a hard time or dies?

Why can't they invent a tire that never wears out?

Why can't I win the lottery?

Why can't I find that 409 I've been lookin' for?

Why has my ADD taken over & I'm always in the middle of several different projects?

WHY won't it rain here in H-town?

WHY is my electric bill SO high!?!?

I'm just a wonderin' this afternoon & since it's the 4th of July weekend... I think I'll wander on over to my fav hot dog place for dinner tonight!!! Later!!!

BoB

It finally turned to summer here. But with all that rain and cool weather, the weeds have taken over. Now it is trying to rain again. And the weed killer must have had fertilizer in it, the weeds look better than ever. My tomatoes? not so good.

hotter en ell here in ok.
no rain in sight. seems to be slowing down business @ the deere dealership.
just waiting for the weekend sos i can play with my toys.

It finally turned to summer here. But with all that rain and cool weather, the weeds have taken over. Now it is trying to rain again. And the weed killer must have had fertilizer in it, the weeds look better than ever. My tomatoes? not so good.

3 things

1 - WEEDS?! The weeds here are bigger than your trees. My neighbor has 10 foot tall horseweeds in his back yard - city just told him to clean it up.

2 - try using diesel....or a flame thrower. We always used farm strength 24d - nasty stuff.

3 - what kind of tomatoes?
Roma's are my favorite. One year we planted six 'different' types of tomatoes - they all wound up being cherry tomatoes!!.

Oh yeah - we've had great weather in E Iowa thilast few days. Had 3 hurricane strength wind and rain storms blow through the last 2 weeks - very unusual.

Dont get me started on the weather (great, now i sound like one of those guys that hang out in McDonalds for 4 hours everymorning)

I just got plates for my rat. FINALLY road worthy!!! Now the weather blows, rain for the past 4days,and there looks to be more for the weekend. Yay!

In my never ending quest to "Buy American"... I'm wonderin' where Blackcat firecrackers are made!?!? If they ain't made in the good 'ol USofA... THAT's BS!!! :D:D:D

BoB

Thanks for the good wishes, thoughts & prayers y'all. They help me keep my attitude positive.

Thunder,,,,,good to see you have the chance to get back to work for a bit so you can support your kids & get back on your feet. Look at the time away as a chance to get your head back together for later. Things have a way of working out.

is there an esoteric teaching for initiates here :rolleyes:

untitlednnh.jpg

Latest posts

Back