48 F1 LinkFord project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The site will turn the pics sideways if you take a landscape pic.
I think Tripper said, if you turn the phone to the left to take the pics it will work too.
Heck I don't know the new fangled toys drive me nuts :(

Thought I would post a couple of progress photos, been a while. So, I found out this baby had about 6 coats of paint along with primer between a few of the coats. I just decided to strip the paint, using stripper bought at Lowes. I applied the stripper, let it set for a bit, then used my 4000 psi power washer to do the rest. It really turned out better than I thought it would. Here's a few photos. Gonna finsih her up, then shoot a good coat of epoxy over it. I also added some hood reinforcing along the outer edges under the hood,using 3/4' box tubing. Now, when you lift the hood it does not flex.

0424181956.jpg

0424181956a.jpg

0424181956b.jpg

0424181956c.jpg

Great idea, using the pressure washer. Assuming there is enough room to prevent collateral damage. :D I'd likely end up with used stripper on one if the shiny cars. :eek:

Great idea, using the pressure washer. Assuming there is enough room to prevent collateral damage. :D I'd likely end up with used stripper on one if the shiny cars. :eek:

Not to mention the dog,cat and the house.:eek:
It looks great though.[cl [cl
[P [P
Torchie

haha nice work thinking of the pressure washer, I will have to try that. I got a pressure washer on the last truck and it has changed my life, no more degreasing oily frames, just pssht pssht pssht! done!

Weather made it nice to spray epoxy today. Got everything that was in bare metal sprayed today. Will let that cure, then start what little body work there is to do.
0430181528.jpg

0430181529.jpg

0430181529a.jpg

Looks great!!!! I like the brown...is it Hot Rod flats ?

[P[P

Brother , it's called rich brown low gloss from Urekem paints. I have used their epoxy and paint on two projects so far and love it. Their 2K primer goes on nice and deep, so you can block it out smooth. Love the epoxy too.

More progress today. Putting your projwect back together is alot of fun, because you know its just a matter of time before you hit the road with it. Here are some photos of the running boards installed, and my unique way of holding the seals in place while the black adhesive sets good.

0515181700.jpg

0515181719.jpg

0517181225.jpg

one more Also looking for a pinstriper in my area, to do some work on this truck. I can pinstripe a little. But, not really what I want done.
0516181230.jpg

Latest posts

Back