Route 66 trip questions and advice please!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lvin4jc

Hey guys, I hope this is sort of the correct part of the forum. This is a little off topic, not a build or anything like that.

It has always been on my bucket list to drive across route 66 in an old car of some sort. Last year I got a truck, my friend got a truck and then a friend of both of us got yet another truck, all of these are from the 60's. They are all in good shape and mine is my daily driver.

I pitched the idea of a trip next year across Route 66 and everyone was interested, in fact my dad is also very interested. He does some ranching in Montana and has a big diesel truck that might help provide transportation.

So i'm at the very beginning of planning this trip. Trying to nail down how many days it will take, how much money to save up, where to stop along the way and what are the can't miss sights.

I'm hoping for tips and advice from some of you that have either taken this trip before or live along the route somewhere. Heck, even if you've done a long trip with your old car/truck what surprises did you encounter along the way? Any feedback is really helpful.

Thanks!
- Joe -

I too have such a trip on Route 66 on my bucket list and have asked a friend who has built an awesome 41 White hot rod truck for just such a trip down the Mother Road. The plan is for 2020 when he retires. I am watching the posts for suggestions and advice. I will have finished my 58 Volvo PV544 Rat Rod with a BBC a year before and want all bugs worked out before the adventure.

Latest posts

Back