28 Fast Four build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a good feeling for YOU to be done, but what about the rest of us who have been watching this car unfold. We'll be left restless, fidgety and empty inside. Maybe some of us will even run amok.

Keep on tinkering, Dozer.

Man you're getting close. That's always a good feeling then you can just drive it and enjoy!![cl[cl:cool::cool:

Thanks POPS, really looking forward to the driving part.

It's a good feeling for YOU to be done, but what about the rest of us who have been watching this car unfold. We'll be left restless, fidgety and empty inside. Maybe some of us will even run amok.

Keep on tinkering, Dozer.

Thanks MM, I'll still be here, and I have a 65 Swept line waiting to get finished.

...................[cl[cl

Thanks

Eman

Got my prize today! absolutely beautiful. Thanks Dozer!!!! I don't know how to put a picture up off of Dozers post, i'm sure someone can.
Great prize as we have 1937, 2000 and 2015 Dodge trucks.
Thanks again!
Randy.

You can be really proud of what you've done Glen, it's turned out awesome. I can't wait to follow your Swept line build!

Thanks Bill

Got my prize today! absolutely beautiful. Thanks Dozer!!!! I don't know how to put a picture up off of Dozers post, i'm sure someone can.
Great prize as we have 1937, 2000 and 2015 Dodge trucks.
Thanks again!
Randy.

Your welcome Randy, glad you like it and it only fitting that it went to a Dodge man. Not sure what you mean about the picture.

You had a picture of the penstar (spelling) in an earlier post.
Thanks again.

attachment.php

I haven't had an update for a while due to the family issues, but working on the car has been a real get away to keep my mind busy. I had issues with the transmission not shifting properly and adjusted the TV cable according to the Lokar instructions 3 time with no change. I contacted a transmission in Swift Current to check on the price of a rebuild and explained the issue the owner told me the TV was too tight and to loosen it, which I did and the problem has gone away. Next winter the trans is coming out and going to him for a rebuild.

I got my door glass installed after three weeks of imagineering and building the tracks. I had to completely disassemble the innards of the door to get the glass and tracks in. When I finished the drivers side I closed the door, it didn't latch, I closed it a little harder it didn't latch, instead of thinking about the problem I slammed it, so much for the new glass. :eek:

attachment.php

attachment.php

The patina on the car was various colors and the new rust I applied with the peroxide/vineger/salt mixture was a lot lighter and redder in color. After reading lots of interweb info on how to protect patina and not liking the results I found my favorite by accident. When I was figuring out my trany issues I spilt some atf on the right fender when I wiped it off it really looked good, so I wiped the whole car down with it, bring the metal colors together an highlighting the remaining paint.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I also had a real problem with my brakes, I could dial up the rear discs and make them lock up but it didn't matter white I tried I couldn't get the front discs to lock up, I went from a 1"bore master to a 1 1/8 with no change, after a bunch of time on google I found the problem. Seems when I mounted the master outside the firewall and the booster I lengthened the push rod in the booster too far and the piston in the master wasn't returning far enough to fill the port for the brake stroke. DUH

I have the car issured now with Hagerty, a great company to deal with. I have also attached my latest video of it's first road trip even though it had 300k on it when I started.

https://youtu.be/HgqNKCfqHaM

Attachments

• Resize of Insurance photos 004.jpg
    Resize of Insurance photos 004.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 63
  • Resize of Insurance photos 007.jpg
    Resize of Insurance photos 007.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 63
  • Resize of First road trip 001.jpg
    Resize of First road trip 001.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 62
  • Resize of First road trip 002.jpg
    Resize of First road trip 002.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 61
I think I like the cracked glass.... fits right in :confused:[S:D It will give trouble rolling up and down , right...? :rolleyes:

Patina came out great [cl

It's looking so fine, proportions are so much better than a regular 2 door. [cl[clBummer on the glass, I solved that problem by having my glass shop send solid glass out to get tempered when they are used in the doors, lam glass cracks so easily.

Sorry to hear about the family issues. Sending you strength.
Car looks great.:cool: [cl :D
Working out the bugs.
Bummer about the window. It's amazing the abuse glass can take sometimes and how little it needs to shatter it others.:eek:
[P [P [P
Torchie

Last edited:
It's looking so fine, proportions are so much better than a regular 2 door. [cl[clBummer on the glass, I solved that problem by having my glass shop send solid glass out to get tempered when they are used in the doors, lam glass cracks so easily.

Thanks ZZ some of the design of this came from you way back 46 months ago on page two or three of this build. My glass guy said I may have to go to tempered.

Great lookin car![cl. Sucks about the glass. Good fix on the trans and brakes. Keep pluggin away at it. Funny how working on a project can relieve some stress.

Thanks Kenny, yes keeping the mind busy is real important.

Sorry to hear about the family issues. Sending you strength.
Car looks great.:cool: [cl :D
Working out the bugs.
Bummer about the window. It's amazing the abuse glass can take sometimes and how little it needs to shatter it others.:eek:
[P [P [P
Torchie

Thanks Torchie actually I'm surprised it didn't break on the second time I closed the door hard. :eek:

Latest posts

Back