wiring harness

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R_CK_R

hi Folks,
I`m actually converting my 52 Super 88 from 6V to 12V. The new Generator pushes 100A and I´m not sure if the old cables will stand this much power.

So I decided to replace the complete wiring harness.
Now my question:
-how many circuits/fuses should I use?
I thought about:
1 Heater/Blower Motor
2 Radio
3 Cigarette lighter
4 Light switch
5 Backlight/License Plate Light/ Trunk Light
6 Flasher
7 Horn
8 Park Light
9 Lower beam
10 Uper beam
11 Domlight/Cluster/Compass/Glovebox

What du you guys think? Should I plan more circuits?
looking forward for helpful answeres.

regards,
Kai

12 circuit harnesses are usually enough for a typical hotrod.
If you're gonna have electric windows, A/C etc. then a 21 circuit is the way to go.
I don't use any less than 17 for my projects.

If you're gonna have electric windows, A/C etc. then a 21 circuit is the way to go.

thanks!
I want to leave it stock but I forgot that I have an Autronic Eye.

I agree with Old Iron. I used a 21 circuit from Speedway in my Lincoln. Had some circuits left over for now, will use them when I put in the air and other stuff.

I've used several of the big name brands but my fav is the Rebel Wire 9+3. Bob uses excellent wire that are actually labeled as stated... every 6" but my fav part is I can actually read the lettering on the wires without my glasses. Doesn't sound like a big deal but it saves a LOT of time! Bob has always been available to help with any problems & saved me several times!

http://www.rebelwire.com

BoB

21 sounds appropriate....

and like Tripper says...I also hate bifocals or having to use a magnifying lens to see it.....lol....

and like Tripper says...I also hate bifocals or having to use a magnifying lens to see it.....lol....

Exactly... while working I tend to misplace my glasses & magnifying glass & waste time looking for them! Once that's done I've been known to forget where I was B4 the hunt began! :eek::eek::eek:

Got so mad at an EZ wire harness' extremely small printing I ripped it out & started over with my 1st Rebel Wire harness & was SO glad I did! Been using Rebel every since!

BoB

i always get more circuits than i think i need
that way if i ever decide i want a stereo /smoke lighter/xmas lights/heater/spotlight etc.
it isnt a problem

I now made one by myself :)

Attachments

• IMAG2226.jpg
    IMAG2226.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMAG2255.jpg
    IMAG2255.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 14
Speedway's own 20 circuit harness. I just bought one. Very affordable and appears well made.
That's what I am using in my '39. Lots of extra circuits for when I want to add stuff. Easy to follow instructions (mostly). I learned a thing or two putting it it. I think it is made by Painless, only much less expensive.

Latest posts

Back