Need a new project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vht

I would like to build a fenderless, no hood type hot rod.Sold my gasser today and need a new project.Post up some pics of your fenderless rods if you would. I have a 6.0, ls turbo deal, close to being together. Won't do the hotside or the cold side until I get it in something. It's going to be blowthru with a A2W intercooler, so I was thinking pick up with a fabbed shorter bed to mount battery, IC, and fuel cell in. I want to do a 15x4 wheel in the front, 15x10 or so on the rear, I have a 8.8, 56in total width, a 400 turbo, built, and several parts laying around. I figurethis ought to be light enough to be really bad ass on the strip, yet be really streetable. .

mine

my toy is the red/black rod:D

the white/blue race car is my friends circle track street legal vintage modified[dr

Later :cool:

Attachments

• DSC02673.jpg
    DSC02673.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC02676.jpg
    DSC02676.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC02674.jpg
    DSC02674.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 15
  • elma002.jpg
    elma002.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 13
  • elma008.jpg
    elma008.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Elma-WA-Heat-On-The-Street-003.jpg
    Elma-WA-Heat-On-The-Street-003.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 13
  • darrin race car.jpg
    darrin race car.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 12
Pretty cool. Check out my new project thread and you'll see I bought one. Won't be fenderless, but it was to good of a deal to pass up. Thanks for the pics.

I've wanted to build a Model A coupe drag car for a long time. Mine would look similar to this, but with a hood. I would us repro 32 Ford frame rails as the starting point for the frame. .....No channel. ....3 inch chop. Comfortable seating position, room for a cage, good visibility and not an automatic go-to-jail if you get it out on the street. ...but run low nines - high eights.

1930-ford-model-a-hotrod-030.jpg

THAT is what I had in mind. It just looks bad setting there. That's what I'm doing, street and strip, turbo 6.0 LS. I got 3.27 gears, it'll be blow thru. I'm doing a LS, but I just can't seem to bring myself to electronic fuel inj. I've been out of racing for 4 yrs now, last car, 4 link dragster, 4.50's, 150 mph in the 1/8. I just want something now to play with, grudge night or whatever. Hurryb up and get it started with a build thread.

Latest posts

Back