New project - going to need help

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneeye

These 3 pieces followed me home yesterday from a little known junkyard in the area. Cowl and bucket are approx '22 Dodge. The owner of the yard is restoring a '20 Dodge roadster and had these left over. No idea on the lineage of the radiator. Interesting how someone converted to flathead Ford. Gave $200 for the lot. I also hauled home decent T frame from a different deal. I have no idea if this is of any use but it looks cool!

My goal is a boat tail roadster powered by a 2300 Ford if I can find one. Hopefully looking like the ones that run at TROG except with more modern power. I do a lot of welding/tabbing at work and on my logging equipment so that end is not an issue. Where I will have questions is about suspension and what works with what. Looking forward to getting going on it.

Attachments

• 22 roadster.jpg
    22 roadster.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 59
The boat tail is a fold up hood from a large 4 door car of unknown make and year.

Attachments

• boattailroadstef.jpg
    boattailroadstef.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 56
Watching bobw build his bantam has been great inspiration! Really like his cowl steering and hope to accomplish that also. [;)

Flipper, I have been through your build on several occasions! Greatness.[cl[cl Glad to see it going again[P

I was set of doing the boat tail but when I acquired this bucket/turtle deck in pretty good shape I maybe changing my mind. I was throwing around the idea of a heavy duck type canvas cover in place of the missing lid. We'll see which direction I go.

Latest posts

Back