Rack and pinion

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vht

I got a IFS mustang II front suspension for my 40 chev coupe and it's 60 in track width. Got it from a friend, and it's tacked onto a truck frame. Everything is brand new. My 40 has a 57.6 track width.I'm going to run a 15x4 front wheel also. Got to measure, but I think the camaros are 60 or 61, and they are to wide. I was thinking of narrowing the cross member at least 2 in. I can make a jig to do this. I'm going to run a manual rack and was checking them out. What width would I need? I see alot listed at 44.5 inches, how do they measure them, anyone know? That wouldn't be total width I wouldn't think.

Once you narrow the sub frame you will need to measure across the lower control arm inner pivots center to center. This will be the measurement you will use for your rack from the inner tie rod pivots. by doing it this way you will greatly reduce bump steer. Flaming river can make you a rack to almost any dimension you need.

Thanks, I thought that was the way, I knew I used to do it for drag cars we built but that's been a long time ago. Also I thought I put this in susp section. Must have been late last night.

Latest posts

Back