What a waste

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DozerII

While I was out delivering on my route this morning a piece of rusty fender caught my eye, so I pulled my bulk truck over and took a hike across the field to the edge of a coulee and found this grave yard. There is at least 1 Model A, a couple of Model T's an RPU a couple of late 30's cars and one that looks from the 40's all beyond saving by 20 years in my opinion.:mad:

Shoot, just some more projects....kills me how jaded you guys get in areas where you can still find stuff like that....a few years on the ground here and you're lucky to find red stained dirt...

In Saskatchewan the odds of getting shot for looking are pretty slim possibly get told the history of all the cars there

My first thought was Smallfoot could build something out of that pile if anyone could. Reminded me of the pile he started with.

yep that brings a tear to my glass eye....

mopar roadster in the first pic is a keeper ....

yep that brings a tear to my glass eye....

mopar roadster in the first pic is a keeper ....

Okay how can you tell from that photo that is a Mopar roadster?
It's way beyond anything my skills could fix up!!

The freight would kill ya, but I'm sure it's available for the taking!!:cool:

I'm not too big on trespassing to look at it though. I wouldn't be too keen on someone tramping uninvited to my iron pile.

I'm in agreement with Willowbilly3 here. To me it's sad that the owner of this stuff doesn't value it more than that but it is his. It's a privacy thing. Maybe private property issues are different there. To me the way to go about it is to find out who owns the property, then get in touch with them and ask permission to look at it. With the right attitude, you might get the permission to peruse the pile and just might strike up a deal to own some of it legally. There's a few carcasses laying around my place that look pretty abandoned, but you do know if I caught somebody looking around here, he'd be met with a ready side by side.

My first thought was Smallfoot could build something out of that pile if anyone could. Reminded me of the pile he started with.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Gunzenrosa! I figure somebody with enough desire could build a few rods with all that is there...nothing in my pile looked that sturdy!

Things are a little different up here, most all of this stuff is abandoned as is the farm they are sitting on. I know the owner of the property and if I was interested in any of it a phone call is all it would take. There are piles like this in a few places. I guess till they are all cleaned up and crushed we won't have the same desire for them as in areas where they are all gone.

Latest posts

Back