Ayuh , Friggin maine heah .......

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gr8lite,
Glad to have you here.

Are you up there where they " Pak da ca inda yad" ? I know you speakin "Northern English" So it may tak me a minute to interperit wujja said...

I'm just kiddin with ya. Welcome to RRR from a "Proud Grit"

Thanks Guys !!! I was at work when I found ya'll . And yes i do talk "Maina".
Ya see its like this..... In 1980 or 81 I saw my first T-Bucket! Right then and there I said "I want one" (except the bass boat metalflake) thats where it all started. I was about 13 or so , all through high school I knew I would have one someday. Every car show I drove my 72 mustang to I would park it and run over to the "Rods" area. I started into the "Rat Rod" movement waaay before that. My first car at 14 was a 64 Falcon Waggy $75.00 , beat the snot out of that in the woods and trails till it broke , sold the engine for $25 saved up and bought a 67 econoline (murder central) van, primer black , 6 cyl , side pipes , no windows , bed sink stove refig. Oh yea I was BAD !! The van was the first road vehicle I had. Sold that for my 68 Mustang GT , sold that for the 72. Bla , bla , bla .....
Then I got heavy into offroad I was big into Jeeps until about 2 years ago. I still have a couple. The I was surfing online and started to see the modern day "Rat" movement pulling ahead of "Sparkle" rodding in a BIG way. So I said to myself ...
"Self" lets build that T Bucket ..... MY WAY ! So here I am 2 years into a build with only parts scattered to show for it yet. I quess I am not really building a T Bucket but by modern terms a "modified". Its gonna be Looong and low , practical , and easy to use!
I have a 23 glass T body widened 2" front , 4" rear channeled 4" , floor is in. I will be running a rebuild Chevy 230 6 cyl backed by a Powerglide in front of a AMC 20 rear (pretty round cover). I should be about 130" wheelbase , hoping to run 32 or 33" tall x 10-12" tires in the back and 28-29 narrows in the front. Gonna build a bed approx 48" long between the rear wheels w/ a tonneau of some type. I built the frame myself , rebuilt the motor myself and doing the tranny myself , and hope to do all the assembly myself! Only farming out the body and paint work , and machine work. I'll try and link some pics later.
I build sell hydraulic system parts , I build/ balance driveshafts , for the company that so graciously employs me. I have been in that parts industry for over 20 years mostly dealing w/ trucks .
Well sorry to run on and bore you all , but thats it in a nutshell! Again thanks for havin me!!!

Latest posts

Back