Made a little more progress......

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

Today the final pieces of my clutch setup arrived so I was able to finish putting the transmission behind my engine and my Son Dan and I got it set down in the frame. I tore this car down 10 years ago for a rebuild and this is the first time it has had a motor between the rails in all those years. Feels pretty good, and now the biggest task I have is getting the body ready for paint.........probably satin black.

Anyway, here are some pictures of where we ended up tonight. I think Dan was looking for a little break from working on his rpu, and I enjoyed having his help to get this part done.

I have to hustle to get this thing done before the Billetproof Drags in October. I figure the Chevy guys like Glenn and Big Mike have had enough fun..........it's time for a Ford to come out and play. :D

Don

engineinstalledin27002.jpg

engineinstalledin27005.jpg

engineinstalledin27011.jpg

engineinstalledin27010.jpg

Looks nice Don, everthing you do is top drawer. If, and when I can get on this stack of projects of mine, I hope to build them at your level. You've raised the bar!

Looking good Don. I bet it'll be nice to get back behind the wheel after all these years.....but Don....did you know you used the "F" word?[ddd

Sorry this diehard Chevy guy had to bust on ya a little....but I did have a few "F" words over the years that I did like driving. One was pretty darn quick too

Beautiful work Don. Don't forget to hide a nitrous system on it so you can get close to the Chevys!:D

Thanks guys. I hope Glenn and Big Mike see this. I've been ribbing them that I'm coming after their doors next October. Those two were having more fun than anyone at the last Billetproof Drags. Every time you looked at the starting line they were side by side again. Glenn would win one then Mike would come back and beat him. Glenn was griping about hard slicks and Mike was having carb problems.:D

I figure it's about time they saw some Ford tail lights. (Oh wait, my 27 has 47 CHEVY tail lights! :eek::D)

Don

Looks great, Don! Dual quads are definately great attention getters. What's the word on Dan's pickup? Last pics i saw the frame had all been powdercoated and lookin mighty fine.

Thanks for asking. Dan has REALLY been cooking on his car. He has had to take some vacation time off at the end of the year or lose it, so he has had full days to work on it. (Well, actually full NIGHTS. Dan prefers to start on it about 2 pm and work until 6 AM the next day...........he says it's cooler, but I think it has more to do with him not being a morning person. :D)

Anyway, he has gotten the body seams all welded up and smoothed, he redid the way the steering column mounts to the under dash bar, and he has the floor ready to glue in with panel adhesive and rivets. We flipped the body upside down the other night and the last I saw he was smoothing the underside of the floor getting ready to prep it for epoxy primer. He wants to get primer into all the spots that will be inaccessible later on while he can still get at them.

I actually think he is seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, and is starting to realize he is closer than he thought. Here are a couple of pictures of the work he got done before we blew the back of the body off and flipped it over.

Don

Here is the body before welding up the seams......

brookville35007.jpg

Here is the body after................he also cut out the tunnel part in the back so his driveshaft can come through.

brookville36006.jpg

He also "borrowed":rolleyes: one of my steering wheels to see how it looked.

hey Don it looks good my friend,, do ypou think you can take a pick of the mastercylnder and assembly i wann kind do that with mine i just want to see how ya set everything up... thanks Bigshem

That looks super clean Don. I bet you'll be glad to get the ole girl back together after it's been apart so long. And of course, Dan's rig is outrageous.

Shem, here are a couple of pictures of the setup. It a Kugel Components setup that we modified to fit.........mainly had to bend the brake pedal and build a custom mount to hold it. Solves a lot of problems and gives you a modern Vette master cylinder.

dansdashsupport007.jpg

dansdashsupport003.jpg

dansdashsupport002.jpg

Bill, where have you been, my Friend? :) We were just talking about you last night and I told Dan you must be working a lot because I haven't seen you around much. Hope you and the family are doing well.

Don

Thanks Don that looks great and clean also...... when you get ready to plumb the lines through make sure to send me some pics on it.... i like it very much... angain thank you
[cl

hey don if ya dont mind could you give a close up of that brake system mechanics! thats cool i want to do a clean firewall with a booster , trying to figure something outr! Thanks and cool as always![cl[dr RTD

Beautiful work Don. Don't forget to hide a nitrous system on it so you can get close to the Chevys!:D

Actually Bob, I was thinking of pulling off 2 or 3 spark plug wires to give them a little better chance. :D

Thanks guys. I'll post some pictures of the brake line routing when he gets that far. He's not sure if he is going to run braided line or hard stainless line as it has to make some goofy bends.

I made some progress last night too. Got my starter painted and installed. Just need a distributor, some plug wires, a fuel pump, an alternator, and a few minor parts and I can test fire it. Trying for mid January. :):)

Don

Latest posts

Back