46 Dodge

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd

He's just one of them Rusty-Chainers!
Its my vacation week, so another project getting started. I saw this a year ago on a visit to northern Minnesota. It arrived last week for $200, we set it on the S10 frame right off the trailer. Yesterday my son helped me pull it up to the shop. I love the cherry picker lift.

dodge1.jpg

Passenger side body mounts. I made these last month after getting a bunch of great information on mount locations.

dodge3.jpg

father,son build

dad & son building a dodge truck,MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM that sounds familiar[S

love the idea of the son involved, way cool[cl:D

keep us updated, pics, pics, pics [;)

Later :cool:

That was all I needed to cut on the firewall. The little Chevy 4 cylinder fits just right.

I need to check out the windshield to see if its a crank out, there is a knob on the dash.

Man, but you must have truck ADD... ;)

Looks like a pretty good fit, the track width looks like a nice match for the earlier Dodge...:cool:

You're gonna box in those trimmed side framerails once you're done building mounts?

Looking forward to progress on ALL your fleet, as it happens.[;)[P

Thanks for sharing!

Regards,
Shea:)

Yeah Shea, I got something alright. Once the chassis gets blasted I will box it up, or when it gets inside on the lift.

Cab does look like a good fit but 4 cylinder [S??? Remember there is no replacement for displacement!!!

Anyways looks like it will be a great looking ride!!! By the way I am jealous you still have your window crank. Mine is long gone..... :(

Well Neverdone, the 4 banger is making hooking up the steering easy. And with a 5 speed, super fun!

I need to dig into it the window crank, shes froze.

Well Neverdone, the 4 banger is making hooking up the steering easy. And with a 5 speed, super fun!

I need to dig into it the window crank, shes froze.

Oh I understand the 4 cylinder, quite frankly I don't blame you for using it. They can be fun little motors and really reliable. And any time you through a manual in the mix it makes for good fun!!

Be Careful with that crank..... look around, they are like gold.

Last edited:
Got a steering column made. It uses a solid 3/4" Chevy AD steering shaft and 1 1/2" exhaust tubing stretched to accept a couple bearings. 1 1/2" was the OE Dodge column. The wheel has since been switched to a solid chrome 3 spoke.

WP_000075.jpg

I actually over-built a bunch of this, as seen by the hole. I was trying to use the Chevy column that is 1 3/4". When done it laid in my lap, under-thought. Here is what I came up with for the lower mount. Got to use my homemade press brake on this part.

WP_000076.jpg

Going to see a buddy to trim the shaft up and machine it for a 3/4" DD u-joint and a couple grooves for snap rings to hold it in the column.

Latest posts

Back