1952 F-6 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a little help so I thought that I would mount the DS fender to see if the modified inner fender panel fits.[cl
Got the truck off the dollies. Stuck on the fender and then just for fun laid the hood on top.:D
Based on the gap between the top of the tire and the edge of the wheel opening it looks like I can lower it another 2 inches.
2 Drs appt tomorrow so I don't know what if anything I will get done.
See you all later and thanks for stopping over.......
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_1243.jpg
    IMG_1243.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1245.jpg
    IMG_1245.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1247.jpg
    IMG_1247.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1248.jpg
    IMG_1248.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1249.jpg
    IMG_1249.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 23
You've came a long way Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![cl [cl [cl
I agree on another 2 niches in the front :cool:[P

Last edited:
You've came a long way Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![cl [cl [cl
I agree on another 2 niches in the front :cool:[P

I am going to have to crawl underneath and do some clearance measurements OI.
The wish bones may be to close to the oil pqan to drop it much more short of a dropped axle$$$$$$$.
I may have to go to a higher profile tire to help fill in that tire/fender opening gap. We will see.
Torchie.

Looks pretty good to me right there Torchie. You still have a lot of weight to add on the front, the rest of the sheet metal, core support, radiator, fluids, etc. I think it will drop another inch with all that, and the spring may settle down an inch.

Looks pretty good to me right there Torchie. You still have a lot of weight to add on the front, the rest of the sheet metal, core support, radiator, fluids, etc. I think it will drop another inch with all that, and the spring may settle down an inch.

Agreed Bama. Not going to do anything else with lowering the suspension until I have it all together.
Been slow going here the last few days. I did manage to get the PS front fender modified and welded up. Plus a slicky of filler over it all. Plans are to put that one on tomorrow.
Thanks for checking up on me......
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_1250.jpg
    IMG_1250.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1251.jpg
    IMG_1251.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1252.jpg
    IMG_1252.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 16
Some good news. Some bad news. Some not unexpected news......

Good news first.
Pics 1-4. Put both of the front fenders on today and got them lined up more like they were in my mock up and now the tire location in the wheel opening is back where it belongs. So no messing with lowering the suspension will be needed.[cl :D

The bad news. The engine needs to come back out due to issues with the pressure plate. Should have put a new one in to begin with but at this point it's all about the $$$$$. But while it is out I will do a little trimming to the fire wall for better clearance as well as adjusting the steering column.
Also will need to do a bit of trimming to the inner fender panels as well for better clearance for them. At this point I only need to pull 3 bolts to lift off the front clip as the hood is not yet on the hinge system.

The not unexpected news.
Pic 5. The generator will have to go on top of the intake manifold ala the pre 1952 Olds V-8's. As you can see from the pic the bracket hits the inner panel and that's not even with the generator on.:eek:
All in all it is looking good. The guy that helped me today exclaimed. "It looks like it was meant to be that way". There you have it.
Thanks for visiting........
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_1256.jpg
    IMG_1256.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1261.jpg
    IMG_1261.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1263.jpg
    IMG_1263.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1264.jpg
    IMG_1264.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1255.jpg
    IMG_1255.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 32
Yep, looks like it was made for it. You'r going to have a one of a kind truck. Think you'll be on the road this season?

Yep, you nailed it Torchie! [cl[cl[cl Little close on the Gen bracket, could always put a bubble there for clearance if you can't get a proper top mount bracket. Tire fills out the fenderwell nicely.

I'm with the rest of the crew.
Bam's bubble idea, seems like a good one as long as it doesn't interfere with the tire when turning.
two-thumbs-up.jpg

Yep, you nailed it Torchie! [cl[cl[cl Little close on the Gen bracket, could always put a bubble there for clearance if you can't get a proper top mount bracket. Tire fills out the fenderwell nicely.

I'm with the rest of the crew.
Bam's bubble idea, seems like a good one as long as it doesn't interfere with the tire when turning.
two-thumbs-up.jpg

Thanks gang.:)
I considered the bubble as well but from a quick check it looks like the gen bracket will just bolt to the top of the intake with no mods.This car had power steering so the intake is already threaded for a bracket. Plus the whole generator would have to be on the other side of the fender panel so it wouldn't be a bubble as much as a crater.:p
Looking like it will be Thursday before I can pull the engine out and change out the pressure plate. In the mean time I've got some measuring and marking to do so I know what to trim when the engine is out.
Torchie

Latest posts

Back