"A" '28 '29 Tudor Sedan

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have room for a link from one arm to the other... you could use that as a structure to mount the bags.

I absolutely considered that, just didn't really like the idea. Might be kinda cool!

I'm leaning towards boxing the arms, I think it would make it stronger, and give the factory arms a unique look!

Finally got into the shop this past weekend. Got the gas tank and shocks mounted. I had to notch the tank to clear the pumpkin. I think I'll put the filler neck just rearward of the passenger rear tire.

To service suspension etc.. in the future, I plan on making two removable panels. One above the bags, and one above the gas tank.

I'm applying for a rebuilder's title. Here in Colorado, the first step once you have a roller, is to have certified VIN inspection done. This is done by a certified state trooper. Apparently this is not very common, lots of "I'm not sures," and "I don't knows". Anyway, the ball is rolling. Hopefully it goes smoothly.

Step 1, DONE!

Unfortunately my trailer deck is a little high for a Rat Rod! I used a chain hoist to lift the car, and backed the trailer under it.

Interested in how the title process goes with the car. I might be going the same route.

P.s. I love the "trailer loading device" [cl

I will definitely update this thread as I work through the title process. Hopefully there won't be any major surprises.

Thanks, the TLD worked great!

What is the next step for the title? What else do you have to do? I assume you end up with a DMV issued vin like with a homemade trailer?

I've gone through the process a couple of times in Colorado, although they were a few years back. The main thing is to have Everything in order! There aren't many inspectors, and the one I had had the attitude that he was coming by, and if anything was wrong (no high beam indicator, horn, etc) he would come back in six months. Luckily I had my ducks in a row both times. You'll probably need to have an affidavit stating where all the parts came from, as well as receipts for Everything.

Thanks for the title info!

Picked up a low mileage, rebuilt, 302 this weekend! Got her loosely in place and fire it up! What a feeling! It's alive! I should have the motor mounts fabbed shortly, then I can finally move forward! Not sure if the "Ford Blue" will stay!?

I've gone through the process a couple of times in Colorado, although they were a few years back. The main thing is to have Everything in order! There aren't many inspectors, and the one I had had the attitude that he was coming by, and if anything was wrong (no high beam indicator, horn, etc) he would come back in six months. Luckily I had my ducks in a row both times. You'll probably need to have an affidavit stating where all the parts came from, as well as receipts for Everything.

Can you get a title with a build in progress? Rolling chassis and body any that's it? Or did you need the car fully operational before starting to title?
Also, did you title your vehicles as the year that were manufactured, or did your titles end up as date of your inspection?
I only ask because you mention high beam indicators and most of our builds didn't have those factory.

Thanks for the title info!

Picked up a low mileage, rebuilt, 302 this weekend! Got her loosely in place and fire it up! What a feeling! It's alive! I should have the motor mounts fabbed shortly, then I can finally move forward! Not sure if the "Ford Blue" will stay!?

It's a breath of fresh air when you fire the first time. Literally :D
I'd paint t it chevy orange just to confuse people :)

Looking good! What's the canister on the driver's side front of the engine? [S

photo3_zps5475a700.jpg

Can you get a title with a build in progress? Rolling chassis and body any that's it? Or did you need the car fully operational before starting to title?
Also, did you title your vehicles as the year that were manufactured, or did your titles end up as date of your inspection?

You can start the process once you have a rolling chassis with: Frame, body, suspension, axles, tires, and steering. This gets the ball rolling. When the car is complete or roadworthy you get a second inspection, and an assigned vin #, at that time.

Unfortunately it has to be titled as a 2014 Model A. I really hope it doesn't open up a whole other can of worms!

I'd paint t it chevy orange just to confuse people :)

:)

Looking good! What's the canister on the driver's side front of the engine?

Briggs & Stratton gas tank!

Got the tranny crossmember built and tacked. I thought about making it removable, but decided to weld it!

I picked up a '65 Mustang radiator for a 6 cylinder engine, and an electric fan, so I have some extra real estate to work with up front! I'm starting to consider the Watts link again. Time to do some research!

I picked up a '65 Mustang radiator for a 6 cylinder engine, and an electric fan, so I have some extra real estate to work with up front! I'm starting to consider the Watts link again. Time to do some research!

Just my thoughts, if you can fit a larger rad it will be worth it to make it fit. I know a couple people that run those early mustang rads, some cool well enough, but some just don't. It depends on your power, but extra radiator capacity is always a bonus. Just my 2 cents. It's look good!

Latest posts

Back