'47 Dodge shop truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couldn't stand not doing anything today.....

So when the bride went to the store I snuck out to the shop and changed the boots and connectors on the distributor end of the plug wires. I needed to put
90 degree boots on so the wires didn't rub on the cowl.
Didn't have another wire separator so I used the old school method.

Also put a little color on the old Dodge freak with the torch.
And got back in the house and appeared to be busy cooking dimmer when she got back. [ddd

Attachments

• IMG_2947.jpg
    IMG_2947.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3019.jpg
    IMG_3019.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3020.jpg
    IMG_3020.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_3015.jpg
    IMG_3015.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 44
Hey Pops....I'm going to tell the wife....LOL...

the tie idea is a good one....only seen one other person use it before....but why not?! [cl

Zip-tie is the only method I've ever known. I have em on my plug wires also. I couldn't find the brackets for 10mm wires. I can't post a photo for some reason, but I used them.

Hey POPS I'm going to use your idea on the plug wire separators ,,

It works as well as store bought until you need to move a wire.

the tie idea is a good one....only seen one other person use it before....but why not?! [cl

Somehow I don't think she would be surprised. She knows me pretty well.

If you're building a numbers correct show car I wouldn't use them but.......
I usually use black but I was out.

Zip-tie is the only method I've ever known. I have em on my plug wires also. I couldn't find the brackets for 10mm wires. I can't post a photo for some reason, but I used them.

They work for me and my junk.

new color scheme

I just couldn't go the blue. I like this dark gun metal grey and silver with a little gold tint to it, combination.
Cut a image of the pickup so I could see how it would look.
It could change again before it's all said and done, but this is the plan
today.

Did a little on the back of the cab where it needed some attention.
More small steps.

Attachments

• IMG_3054 (2).jpg
    IMG_3054 (2).jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3055 (2).jpg
    IMG_3055 (2).jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2896.jpg
    IMG_2896.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2897.jpg
    IMG_2897.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2900.jpg
    IMG_2900.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2902.jpg
    IMG_2902.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 44
Great color scheme. Have you gotten into deciding the kind of paint and the brand yet?

Went down to get an idea of price on some low end paint from the local supplier - $800 out the door for base, clear, activator and reducer. I could get the better stuff for $1100 +++ And they don't even install it for that price. I'm going to order it on line from a company that makes only a few colors.

Great color scheme. Have you gotten into deciding the kind of paint and the brand yet?

Went down to get an idea of price on some low end paint from the local supplier - $800 out the door for base, clear, activator and reducer. I could get the better stuff for $1100 +++ And they don't even install it for that price. I'm going to order it on line from a company that makes only a few colors.

I was really surprised when I went to NAPA for a price on paint. $257 for base/clear with activator and reducer. I've talked to a few guys that have used their paint and they all say it's a good product so that's the way I plan on going.

Just for grins I had a couple people look at this thing and give me a price for painting it. $6000 to $8000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Needless to say that ain't going to happen. It's not a show truck.

What are you trying to do with a color combo like that? You trying to class this place up... .? It's not rust, bare or black [S

Just kidding, I really like the combo...!

I was really surprised when I went to NAPA for a price on paint. $257 for base/clear with activator and reducer. I've talked to a few guys that have used their paint and they all say it's a good product so that's the way I plan on going.

Just for grins I had a couple people look at this thing and give me a price for painting it. $6000 to $8000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Needless to say that ain't going to happen. It's not a show truck.

Thanks for the info. I checked out to local NAPA on Martin Senour paint. They have a huge warehouse/store about 20 miles away where they do they color mixing. I also found out that MS paint is re-branded Sherwin Williams (their store is 5 miles away). I have heard it is a good product as well.

What are you trying to do with a color combo like that? You trying to class this place up... .? It's not rust, bare or black [S

Just kidding, I really like the combo...!

Thanks. Not trying to class up the place, Just trying to get the wife to enjoy cruising again. She thinks you have to have a heater and a/c to survive.

Latest posts

Back