What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pops
I showed Dawn the new pup
Her response?
SQWEEE!
It's SO CUTE!!!
Good job brother
Akitas are nice dogs

Thanks Billy.
He seems like he has potential. Pups have a way of testing your patience.
Which is something I seem to struggle with sometimes.

You are one of those multi-taskers i think Pops. Good job.

Or a severe case of A.D.D.

picked up the 331 poly & powerflite trans that will be powering my 49 F1 :D
Hasn`t run in over 25 yrs, but it was in dry storage all that time... it turns over easily and plugs and oil looks fine. Cooling channels not so much... one freeze plug is completely gone and there`s a ton of rusty debree in there. Fingers crossed there are no internal rust holes. Teardown time! [P

Well I got my brakes all lined out on my 64 C10. All new hoses and Hardware. New Shoes and booster. Also got some new rubber put on it. Drove it about 50 miles on its maiden voyage. I have owned this truck for 26 years and its been sitting since 2000. Shame on me. Going to put another 100 miles on it tomorrow. Then drive it to North Kentucky for a Car club meet next month. Should be a good time.

Well finally I got something done on my rpu project today ! [cl We got the body removed and started planning the body work. I have two new patch panels to repair the bottom of the cowl, and once those are welded in I can have the dustless blaster guy come by and clean up all the sheet metal.

My radiator is almost done, they tell me it will be shipped early this coming week, and then I can have a driveshaft built. That will allow me to fire the engine up for the first time and break it in. Then I can start wiring it, and I love doing wiring, so that will be fun.

I really don't have a lot left to do, and once the body is painted I can get the upholstery shop to do a tuck and roll job in there. I might make Turkey Run in November yet. :D

Here are some pictures from tonight:

Now that the frame is exposed, I can start running my brake lines and transmission cooling lines.

Don

Made some progress at last...

Between trying to get the new book to the publisher, working a full-time job, and helping get a garden plot ready, I haven't been able to do much on the '56 Fairlane.

This weekend, I got to spend some time in the garage, and actually made some progress. I spent 11 hours a day Saturday and Sunday, making the fenders mount to the Camaro subframe, fitting the much-too-big fancy aluminum radiator (I got a heck of a deal on it :) ), test-fitting the hood and making everything match.

I figured out a way to get the alternator mounted with the "new" water pump by mounting the bracket in an alternative place.

Now I just need to take everything apart, paint all the pieces, and put it back together.

I also decided against (for now) radiusing the rear wheel-wells, going for more of a sedate look. I have these turbine spoke wheels from a Lincoln Town car, and I think I'll paint them black between the spokes and use them. I can get 235/60/15 tires on them, almost 8 inches of tread on all four corners and saving some bucks on different wheels. I'll also save a bunch of time on the wheel-well project. The tame 302 won't develop too much power for the smaller tires, and they should handle pretty well when I get froggy on the passes.

So I'm down to only about 9,999 things to do as funds allow. I hope to have it on the road next spring or summer.

Attachments

• DSCF2731.JPG
    DSCF2731.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCF2732.JPG
    DSCF2732.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCF2736.JPG
    DSCF2736.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCF2740.JPG
    DSCF2740.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF2757.JPG
    DSCF2757.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCF2755.JPG
    DSCF2755.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCF2753.JPG
    DSCF2753.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF2754.JPG
    DSCF2754.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I had a lil trouble with the Rochester 2G 3x2 setup on my '41 Ford PU so I started running it on just the center carb but after a couple years I thought I'd set all 3 back up again. No go... so... I took the tops off the 2 outside carbs & they were full of crud! I called the guys I bought them from & they wanted $200 a piece to rebuild them. I've never been very good at rebuilding carbs but Don assured me even a fumble-fingered moron like the ol Tripper could do it since they are so simple. NAPA even had carb cleaner on sale so... here goes nothing! The tops just came out of the cleaner & they are... CLEAN. The bottoms are curently soaking! [S

BoB

Attachments

• cleaner.jpg
    cleaner.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 12
  • clean.jpg
    clean.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 13
I'm with you on rebuilding anything with many tiny parts. I was going to buy a reman rack for the vettester to avoid dealing with the tiny parts but like you hundreds of dollars means gonna to have to learn how to do it. Now we have youtube so it's easier than it used to be. :)

Latest posts

Back