Virtual shop tour.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you guys.
There is more.
1----78 Ford one ton, with a 410 FE with a cracked cylinder.
2---- 96 Ford, with a five litre and a five speed. My grandson has spoken for it.
3---'50 Ford two door sedan, no running gear.
4----'47 Ford coupe which I have known all of my life, a cretin with a cat balled it up. I also have the axles and part of the frame for it.
5---'7? Mercury two door with a 460 Automatic.

Attachments

• 78Ford one ton - Copy.jpg
    78Ford one ton - Copy.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1620.jpg
    IMG_1620.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0289.jpg
    IMG_0289.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0291.jpg
    IMG_0291.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0296.jpg
    IMG_0296.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Too many vehicles to keep insurance on at one time![ddd

I’ve thinned my herd in recent years. If I can’t use it, it’s gone. Just not enough time or money to do everything I’d like to do or I’d have them stashed like that.

Snopro, that truck has been in our family since new. My uncle and aunt bought it and used it for everything on their ranch. I inherited it a few years ago. It has a 304, four speed, dual wheels, and about 66,000 miles.
E-man, ---- the things I don't do for you guys.

Awesome, if you have more pics please share them. I love the binders.

I'm leisurely keeping my eye out for a good IH truck with a 304 as I'd love to have one as a driver.

Last edited:
Just think, someday you will have to retrofit all your vehicles with electric drivelines.:eek:

Last edited:
I had one more '50 Ford coupe that was outside but I couldn't find the pictures of it. Somebody put my pictures is the computer, all willy-nilly.
Bama, I never let a thing like 'thinking ahead' slow me down.
Snopro, this truck is in pretty good shape but it is a heavy one ton with duals.
Dutch, the offer is still open; give me all of your savings and come and pick roots all summer for a project truck.
Bob, one of my nephews thought that the Desoto should be made into an electric car. He may have read something in my face at the time and has never been back to visit.
Skip, I don't get to display them as yard art, so nobody else can either.
Dr. C, that sentiment might have been what was quietly written all over my face when my nephew suggested electric power when I was thinking 354 Hemi.

I thought at first that the two pics were of the same car but they are not. The rear view one is my uncles '49 Ford two door which I have sold now., but the side view one is still out there.

Attachments

• 49 rear Walter.jpg
    49 rear Walter.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2684.jpg
    IMG_2684.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 17
Bob, why do you think I don't have a bunch of cool yard art. [hint hint]

I do! I do! Very cool for yard art or rolling stock. I like anything with four wheels. preferably a consumer of fossil fuels. Although I wouldn't be opposed to building an electric something, if someone dumped a wrecked Prius or Tesla in my yard.

... I wouldn't be opposed to building an electric something, if someone dumped a wrecked Prius or Tesla in my yard.
Wow! And, hmmmm. [S I wonder what it would take to fit all that 'lectiic stuff in a Model A or something. Maybe a discussion for the crazy ideas section. :D

There`s no way to get a home built electric car on the road legally here. Tech inspectors won`t look at it.
I can`t say I blame them. Imagine working for a roadside assistance company :eek:

Holy moly. Those things are unsafe! They should be outlawed. :D
Just a few bugs to work out.:D

Must have been parked in front of the Portland courthouse or downtown Minneapolis last summer.:D

I see Tesla has to come up with a noisemaker because people can't hear them coming. Top fuel dragster noise would work.[ddd

Just a few bugs to work out.:D

Must have been parked in front of the Portland courthouse or downtown Minneapolis last summer.:D

I see Tesla has to come up with a noisemaker because people can't hear them coming. Top fuel dragster noise would work.[ddd
That sounds good. Maybe have a proximity detector to set off the "noise maker". That would make it even more fun.

Bob W, we have a misunderstanding [higher up on the page], about yard art. I have some potential yard art, but it only becomes yard art if it is in front of the house, where as mine has to stay behind the house. In fact, my inventory has to stay behind the outbuildings which are behind the shop which is behind the house.

Latest posts

Back