‘52 Willys Pick Up

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still using a SBC?
Are you gonna use exhaust manifolds or headers?

No SBC's for me Old Iron...
I'm a die hard Mopar man.
Going with another 5.9 Magnum [360] slightly warmed.
Going to have to stay with exhaust manifolds.

Attachments

• IMG-1054.jpg
    IMG-1054.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 6
I don't know if the little woman asked for a show truck but that is what she is getting.[cl

I don't think it will be show truck quality Bob but I'm going to do the best I can for her.

She has put up with a lot with me for the last 47 years. [ddd:eek:[ddd

Next of the long list to do.....

Front splash pan that goes between the grille and the bumper is a little bent and twisted and other wise messed up.

Attachments

• IMG-1464-1.jpg
    IMG-1464-1.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG-1465.jpg
    IMG-1465.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG-1466.jpg
    IMG-1466.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 10
cant wait to see this next part looking brand new too, at some point I cant suspend disbelief about your insurmountable metal problems when you just knock em out. [cl[cl[cl

cant wait to see this next part looking brand new too, at some point I cant suspend disbelief about your insurmountable metal problems when you just knock em out. [cl[cl[cl

Have to agree with Joe , you got this tin beating worked out.[P[P

I've never had the need or desire to do much body work until I quit working and quit getting paid. I decided I'd better figure out how to do it myself instead of paying some one else to do it. Still learning slowly!

Round one of the splash shield beat down.....

I spent a couple of hours this morning working on this thing instead of cleaning up the shop like I was planning to.

I've got a pretty good start on it. My problem is I don't really know what it's supposed to look like. I don't think it should be flat side to side. It's hard for me to tell just looking a pictures on the internet. I need to see one up close and lay my hands on it but I don't have that. So I guess I'll just keep beating on it till I like the way it looks. [S[S[;)[S[S

Attachments

• IMG-1475.jpg
    IMG-1475.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG-1476.jpg
    IMG-1476.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG-1481.jpg
    IMG-1481.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG-1482.jpg
    IMG-1482.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG-1484.jpg
    IMG-1484.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG-1487.jpg
    IMG-1487.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 17
Thanks Guys..

Joedoh- - Looks like I need to put some of the peak back in the center that I spent all that time beating out of it.

I'll get back on that tomorrow. Thanks for the pics.

I put the headlight buckets together after the Mrs. painted them and she put them in place.

Came up with this simple fix to change the parking lights to include turn signal lights on the front. Drill the holes out and attach with screws.

We got the ash tray put back together after derusting it in the vinegar bucket and painted it.

Tripped on an air hose, got PO'd and spent the rest of the day cleaning up.

Maybe tomorrow will be more productive.

Attachments

• IMG-1521.jpg
    IMG-1521.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG-1534.jpg
    IMG-1534.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG-1535.jpg
    IMG-1535.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG-1531.jpg